X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 14

YTD 68-57-3 (54.5%)
    7-5 last week.

Beware the favs again. Can't find any dogs to like, despite the 8 home dogs.

Jaguars -4. Looking for a return to bad form for the Raiders. Long trip back east and an early game. Jags are solid. Worried about the -4 though.

Patriots -3. All the angles and situations point to Bears, but the difference in this game to change the trend is Brady and Belichick.

Packers -6.5. Too much fire power for the Lions to handle. And GB plays some good D.

Packers vs Lions Over 47. Lions seem to play frisky at first and then fade. So let's hope they can contribute at least 17 to the cause.

Bucs -1. Bucs are solid and should shut down the Skins anemic offense. This will probably be close and low scoring.

Bucs and Skins under 41. Same as above. Bucs are solid and should shut down the Skins anemic offense. This will probably be close and low scoring.

Chargers -8.5. Even with Cassel and at home, the Chiefs only managed 10 points vs Denver's lousy D. SD will show up on both sides today.

Chargers and Chiefs under 45. SD D should put the clamps on Brodie Croyle and stuff the run game.

Broncos -4. New coach for Denver and their O can move the ball despite what happened in KC last week. AZ starting a rookie QB from Fordham.

Cowboys +3.5. Could be a shootout and that .5 might be needed. Cowboys O playing well, but their D scares me vs Vick. Ware needs to get after Vick.

Eagles vs Cowboys Over 51. Shootout in Dallas. Last team to score wins.

Falcons vs Panthers Over 41.5? Rain? Will Carolina contribute? I may dump this as the line is coming down. Must be the weather reports.

Giants vs Vikings Over 43. This one could change if they end up playing outside somewhere.

GL

Dumped Falcons and Panthers over at 41.5 and got it at 41. See how that works. Panthers' D hurting. But so is there O!

Comment

Also bought the hook and took Falcons -7 vs Carolina. Another fav against another home doggie! Ugh.

Comment

I Like the Jags today as well and Browns/Bills over as well.

Also for the Bears/Pats- it is going to be horrendous weather which most likely you know about. Not sure if everyone knows the wind will blowing very strong from North to South so when the teams are headed to the North end zone, it will be almost impossible to throw any accurate medium or longer passes. No idea what this means for the game but thought I would mention it.

Good Luck,
        Swicat

Comment

Good Luck.

Comment

6-3-2 so far with Cowboys, Cowboys over and Giants over to go. Two pushes - TB and Carolina over 41.

Comment

8-3-2 with Giants over 43 remaining. Cowboys late TD sealed the deal on both picks.

Comment

Great job Widestrides... I had already wagered on the Jags before I got your picks... Was glad to see you on them.... Keep up the good work... RR84

Comment

we still feeling good on the giants over 43? I've been looking at it and took a loss this week from indy and gb though I got some back on atl and tb was pushed. Looking for some redemption and a better feeling going into this week.

Comment

Looks like Tarvaris Jackson will get the start

Comment

so thoughts on the Over?

Comment

I like the over, which looks like it's at 44 now. Especially if Nicks and Steve Smith are indeed healthy enough to contribute. And Tarvaris Jackson looked like he provided a little spark last week.

Comment

it was against the bills but yeah I agree there was a spark. He also provided 3 int's.

Comment

More INT's could be a good things for points

Comment

Working...
                            X