Opinions wanted, Football Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions wanted, Football Pool

After crunching both games last week, I actually predicted the NYJ upset and took Jack. I had to sweat that out a little int he first half, but all ended well. We are down to 67!!!! We didn't fall below 60, so I still have to have 2 picks this week. This is where it gets tricky. I would really love input from anyone. Here is the scenario: There are only 12 people that can take SD and I am one of them, so that is good. I was probably going to take Oakland as my other pick, but we all know that with these 2 teams anyone can win, also, probably 50 some of the picks will be on Oakland, maybe more. So, I could make a big move here and eliminate most of the pool with a Denv upset. I know Denv has thrown in the towel, but do they have any chance of winning (Boone thoughts?)? Another aspect is that there will be a minimum of 30 on Dall against Wash. (I have studied everyone's picks and know who everyone has to choose from.) Wash is another team that has thrown in the towel. Do I go with the majority and take Oak and hope for a Wash upset or do I find another team to take and hope for an upset from either team. If I were to look for another team, it would be ariz-CAROL, clev-CINN or chic-MINN. I know all scary, but I almost think Carol or Cinn might be decent picks this week. I would love anyone's input. Jeff, Woody, evryone else? And thanks to Resteasy, Dragon, Boone, Widestrides and RedRaider for your input so far.

bump

Comment

I would take CHICAGO -minny The bears just got blown out by NE at home in the snowbowl and this loss sent a wake up call right across the bow of the bears team.

Comment

I would be very hesitant to take Carolina as they aren't capable of playing 4 good Q's. They turn the ball over and can't stop the run. They've given up 9 rushing TD's in the last 3 games. They've lost 7 in a row since beating S.F. and have been beaten by an average score of around 30-13. At least Arizona is still trying. Really some tough choices this week. Chi vs Min will be a neutral field, so that's good for Chi. If Tarvaris Jackson goes again for Minny that would also be good for Chi. To me, Cle vs Cin is a toss-up.
        I think I would rank them
        San Diego
        Chicago
        Dallas
        Oakland

Also I think any of these games could be an upset this week.

Comment

[QUOTE=dragon1952;166662] Really some tough choices this week. Chi vs Min will be a neutral field, so that's good for Chi. If Tarvaris Jackson goes again for Minny that would also be good for Chi. /QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said Dragon except for the Neutral Field favoring Chicago.

The Word on the street is both the Metrodome and Gopher stadium is being worked on to host this game. If the Metrodome aint ready and it sure dont look like it the game could be played at the home of the Golden Gophers.

Now this stadium hold 50,000 Maximum and having 50,000 viking fans in a college stadium is justice from a bears perspective....

Comment

Wide,

I wish you were still able to take the Steelers because the Jets stopped believing in themselves after the shock treatment by the Patriots.....and now with the "Trippingate Scandal" all over the headlines this week, it only adds to the pressure in the locker room and in the preparation department......not to mention having to venture into Heinz Field for this one.......Pitt looks like the surest thing of the weekend.

As for the Raiders.......a year ago I would have been apprehensive in this spot for them to suffer a letdown against a team that they ransacked in their own stadium, but not this year.....Coach Cable has them playing about as good as they can -- and although Denver is sure to put up more points than they did in that dismal effort in Arizona, the Raiders should have their measure throughout........The Raiders never make anything look easy, but to win straight-up should be an "automatic" against a team that may be playing the worst football in the league right now.

In other games, I like:
            Cleveland over Cincinnati- Cincy, just like Houston, keeps inventing ways to lose games -- and this rivalry is always hard-fought.....I like Cleveland straight-up.

San Diego over San Francisco - The 49er's are just like the Arizona Cardinals away from home, they forget how to play football.........Chargers should maul 'em Thursday night.

Good Luck this week !!!
            ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=Carpet;166663]
              Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
              Really some tough choices this week. Chi vs Min will be a neutral field, so that's good for Chi. If Tarvaris Jackson goes again for Minny that would also be good for Chi. /QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said Dragon except for the Neutral Field favoring Chicago.

The Word on the street is both the Metrodome and Gopher stadium is being worked on to host this game. If the Metrodome aint ready and it sure dont look like it the game could be played at the home of the Golden Gophers.

Now this stadium hold 50,000 Maximum and having 50,000 viking fans in a college stadium is justice from a bears perspective....
              For some reason I was thinking they would be in Detroit again, however I would think the outdoor environment might offset the fan base to a degree maybe (no pun intended)

Comment

I guess I created a little confusion. I am taking San Diego on Thurs. My option wasn't Chic, it was Minn. If they had beaten the NYG, I would have considered taking them over Chic. For my other pick I was weighing out the option of taking a risk of Carol or Cinn, but I can't bring myself to pick either of those teams. So, I am most likely taking Oak and hope for a Dall loss. We will lose about 35 people if they go down.

Comment

Tavaris Jackson is done for the year, IR. Favre may play (i'm doubting it) and then it's some newly signed old qb last played in 08 or cox. Basically chicago should have their way with them.

-for now on I propose anyone supporting the use of the addon -gate be removed from this, and all sites.

I like oakland also.

Cinn scares me. The last 3 home games they've scored 30, 31 and 21 pts. Between those were away games where they scored 7, 10, 17.
                  So they're not a road team BUT they're scoring at home. CLE beat them by 3 in CLE and this could be different. This is CLE's 3rd away game in a row.
                  If McCoy plays I'd feel better about it. Wallace may also do ok but I don't put as much stock in him. I think cincy comes out with the win but it's not a pick I'd wager on.

Comment

Working...
                  X