• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 15

YTD 78-61-5 (56%)
    8-4-2 last week.
    2-0 so far this week.

Rams -1.5. Biggest game in St. Louis in years. Cassel may not be 100%, or knocked out early by Howie Long's son.

Tennessee pickem. Tenny looked good mving the ball on Indy last week. They've had more time off and Houston has to be drained by that discouraging OT loss to Baltimore. But they can score also.

Indy -4. Peyton has Addai and Collie back. He can score lots against the Jax secondary. Can Indy stop Jax? Garrard has a bad hammy so Freeney will be licking his chops. Just enough D and home cooking for Indy to cover.

Indy and Jax over 47.5. See above. More O than D. Dome games go over at a good %.

Giants -2.5. For most of the marbles in the East. Giants need to contain Vick - easier said than done. But I think Eli can score on the Eagles D missing their MLB and Assante Samuel not 100%. Giants OL starters all back. Eagles OL has some injuries and Giants D will be coming.

Dallas -7. I got this early. Line is now Dallas -10! Rex in for Donovan and Skins may quit on Shanahan as a result?

Detroit +6. Got this one early also. Now down to +4.5. Still like it as Tampa has many starters out over the past couple weeks. Detroit not always good on the road, but good enough to keep this one close, I hope. Stanton must do better than last week, but Suh and Co. are tough up front. Not sure about the secondary.

Saints +3. Bought the hook. Harbaugh is too conservative for me. He keeps everything close. Brees heating up and Saints D will keep Ravens in check.

Pittsburgh -3. Buying the hook as this is down to -3.5. Troy is out but Sanchez is still in so why not ride the slide? The Jets slide that is.

GL

4-4 with Pitt to go. Giants collapse was monumental!

Comment

That Giants game blew! Geez. Bad beat there but a gift on the Indy game. Glad I teased Jax.

I am leaning under in the NE-GB game too....what do you think? GB will sputter but i think there D is good enough to hold NE down a bit. Under 44?

Comment

how about a teaser on the NE game (teasers I play you need to adjust o/u as well)
        thoughts on NE -7 Over 36.5?

or NE -7 Under 50.5?

Comment

I like NE -7 and OV 36.5

Comment

thanks man, I was leaning that way
            I'm making that play.

Comment

Sorry, didn't see your posts early enough to comment. Really had no opinion. Didn't expect GB and Flynn to be leading at halftime! Wow! Looks like it's going over with 31 at halftime.

I finished 4-5 today to go with my 2-0 on Thursday, so 6-5 on the week, but really depressed about my Giants huge collapse today. Unreal. I hate big leads. These players always relax. You need a leader with killer instinct to keep them playing hard.

Comment

yeah I'm a life long Giants fan so it was all insult to injury. forgettable day.

Comment

resteasy, Now that I am over the Giants' collapse, I have to say that despite that finish where everything went wrong, the Giants still proved in the first 52 minutes that they are a better team than the Eagles and one of the best in the NFC. I honestly believe that. The Eagles have issues on defense and offensive line and will get beat by the Saints after their bye week, and the Giants will beat the Bears in Chicago and maybe the Falcons in Atlanta before going down to the Saints in New Orleans. Yep, the wild card teams will play for the NFC Championship!

Comment

Does anyone like the Bears even more tonight now that Farve may be starting? Line dropped but I think they are better off with a heatly 3rd stringer than the "media/attention" whore Farve.

Comment

If you can get Bears -6.5 now it might be good value. But Viks might get up for this and they have some weapons - Peterson, Harvin, Rice.

Comment

6-5 on the week.

Gimme the Bears and Vikings over 33 for tonight. I see enough return guys and playmakers who might leave some guys slipping and sliding tonight. And Favre and Cutler can be turnover machines in the snow. But I worry that both teams will want to get out of there as soon as possible, so we may see a lot of running.

Comment

No AP, still want that over?
                          I'm thinking a tease of Chi +1 and over 27.
                          OR there is minny +13 and over 27
                          thoughts?
                          favre is playing

Comment

or under 41

Comment

I didn't know AP was out. Was that a game time thing? Oh well, worked out as it was over 33 in the 3rd quarter. Hope you went Bears and over.

Comment

Working...
                              X