Widestrides Picks Week 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides Picks Week 18

Got Saints -10. What the heck. They are the far superior team. Let it rain, Drew!

YTD 96-74-5 (56.5%)
    4-6 last week.

Saints -10. Big line I know, but I just don't expect the Seahawks to remain in this game long, once the initial adrenaline wears off. Their Defense is very bad and Sean Payton and Drew Brees will eventually find the holes. Reggie Bush and Julius Jones will provide just enough running and swing passes to keep the Hawks honest.

Hasselback may make things interesting using that big Williams guy on some smaller Saints CBs, but he will be under extreme pressure and might not finish the game. That guy Greg Williams, the Saints DC, doesn't mind his guys taking shots at the QB, even if it's a little late. Just ask Curt Warner and Brett Favre.

Colts -1?. It's now -2. I may wait and see if I can get -1.5 or -1, just in case. I'm just not drinking the Jets' Kool-Aid. They had a great run last year in the playoffs but they don't seem to have the same swagger this year and Sanchez is not as confident. True, the Colts are not as dominant as they have been in years past, but Peyton has got some help back now. It's up to the Colts' D.

Comment

well, hope you stayed away from the colts game.
      I had thought the exact same thing for saints but ended up taking the Over instead and good thing.
      Some buddies and I have a playoff bracket and I had saints and jets today. I had saints losing next week anyhow.
      Tomorrow I got packers and ravens. I think bal -3 will play. Packers game is very hard. I think they'll contain vick but they'll also need to stop the big play which if philly gets ball first look for a big play immediately (1st or 2nd play).

but in any case what a great day of football. I thought it'd end up lame but man that was entertaining.

Comment

Colts' D could not stop the ground and pound from the Jets. Peyton had to settle for FGs and then horrible kick coverage and soft coverage by the DBs and game over Jets. And Indy calls a timeout to let the Jets relax and talk about how to set Braylon Edwards up for the extra yards. Colt D was missing so many starters. Only Sanchez kept this game close! If you tell me Jets get 16, I say Colts cover.

And I got trounced by Hasselback and the Seahawks. If you tell me Saints get 36, I say Saints cover.

Wrong on both accounts.

Doggies barked today.

Ugh.

Comment

Widestrides, you know you are my NFL hookup. Today, I had a very good feeling you were wrong on both counts. Not that I think for one minute I can out pick you on the pro's, I wouldn't even attempt it. But I saw Dragon picked the hawks and some other things came into play, so I went the other way.. Not that I went against you but went with some other things. I totally respect you in the NFL and you have helped me lots. That being said, I am trying hard to beat you and Woodee in the Bowl contest. GO DUCKS!!

Comment

Working...
          X