Clear All

• NFL Division Playoffs Round #2.........Discussion

OK guys let's hear it:

Balt @ Pitt -3

GB @ Atla -2.5

Sea @ Chi -10

NYJ @ NE -8.5

I like all the home teams myself.

Pitt should handle Baltimore at home as they will be rested and ready. Kind of like Balt in the first half tho.

Atlanta over GB...Home field is the key and GB has to travel once again. Ryan is just good enough and the ATL defense is sneaky good. Atl by 4.

Chicago over Seattle...10 is a tight number in my eyes. Chicago could light it up or throw a clunker and barely get by. Hard to ignore that Seattle is hot though. Probably a good no play or Chicago if I had to pick one to cover.

Pats - over Jets....I cannot give an accurate take on this game bc I hate Ryan and hate the JETS. Hope Bellicheck gets up and pounds them by 30.

Comment

Bet NE and GB yesterday, got NE at -8 and now it's 9, wouldn't be surprised if it's not 10 by game time? Took GB at +2.5, think there for real??

Comment

Originally posted by The Boys View Post
        Bet NE and GB yesterday, got NE at -8 and now it's 9, wouldn't be surprised if it's not 10 by game time? Took GB at +2.5, think there for real??

Comment

several hard games. Division games are always suspect. Out of the 2 though I'd say NE is the better play. Jets did run the ball last week but it was against the Colts who have a terrible run defense. You can tell Sanchez's should is still bother him some because he was occasionally over throwing his receivers. Pats weren't quite ready when they played the jets earlier they just weren't gellin'. Week 2 pats = week 19 jets right now IMO. I can see a 31-20 game NE.

Pitt would be the pick because they're at home. Also, pitt stomped baltimore last time but flacco is making throws again and Boldin is being thrown to. 20-14 (and that's the highest I'll go with that.)

GB vs Atl is extremely hard as well. I like atlanta for the home advantage and the week rest. Green bay has had 2 rough weeks grinding it out to first get into then stay in the playoffs.

Chicago is my choice. Seattle doesn't travel well and like the jets over the pats in week 2 the seattle chicago game earlier isn't the same as now. Seattle does have steam but that took place in 2 home games and if the season showed us anything it's that they can't hold that steam for very long. It's a large line but well rested chicago should come out swinging. Seattle has a terrible running offense over the season (30th) chicago has the #2 run defense. It'll come down to Hasselbeck's ability to throw if he lasts the whole game.

Should be a fun weekend. So I agree with the boys that I like the home teams. Which scares me.

Comment

I really can see the Bears D shutting down Seattle and holding them under 10 at least.

Comment

I like Atlanta, Chicago and New England and no play on Pitt/ Baltimore, as that one will be determined by a late bone-crunching turnover by one team or the other. Who knows who?

Bears have quite a few angles in their favor.

Home field
              Revenge
              Week off
              Seahawks big emotional letdown possibility
              Cold and windy weather
              Hard, chewed up field
              Superior defense
              Better special teams
              Better takeaway potential

Does it add up to 10 points? I think so. Especially the week off vs the emotionally exhausted Hawks. Bears 27-10.

But how about a teaser to bring both the Bears and Pats line down to 2.5 and 3?

I think Matt Ryan is smarter than Aaron Rodgers. Packer D playing great but Atlanta's D looked great against Saints a couple weeks back. Week off and home field may make the difference. But this one could turn on a turnover also. Falcons 24-17.

I can't believe that much has changed since the Pats hammered the Jets a couple weeks ago. Jets D back on their A game certainly brings it a little closer, but I can't see Jets running on Pats D like they did the Colts D. Sanchez vs Belichick's schemes = Jets team total under 18! Pats won't get 45, so I see Pats 27-13.

GL

Comment

Well, I went 4-0 last week in my posted picks so I'll probably go 0-4 this week.
                I like,
                Chicago-10 mainly due to the Seahawk's pathetic road performance over the past few years. Someone has already mentioned Chicago's revenge factor. Chicago was also missing 2 key starters in that Seattle loss, Pro Bowl LB Lance Briggs on defense and G Roberto Garza on offense.
                Atlanta -2.5 - The Falcons are 20-2 SU at home since 2008 when Matt Ryan starts, with the 2 losses being by 4 and 3 pts. All 6 of GB's losses this year have been by 4 pts or under though (3,3,3,3,4,4) ......which is worrisome, as is their new found rushing attack with James Starks explosion last week. GB defense playing well but as poorly as Vick played last week the Eagles still had a decent shot at winning. I don't see the Falcons playing as poorly on offense, and they just seem to find a way to win at home.
                Pittsburgh -3 Tough game to pick as the last 6 meetings have been decided by 3 pts 5 times and by 4 pts in the other with 2 going to OT. The Steelers seem to have the edge though at home winning 4 of the last 5 match-ups vs the Ravens with the lone loss being with Charlie Batch at QB. Pittsburgh 'D' will be the difference. Would likely buy a 1/2 pt.
                New England -9 Can't ignore how the Pats manhandled the Jets in the last meeting.

Comment

I agree with all except Pitt. Just staying away from that one which will probably be determined by a turnover one way or the other.

GL

Comment

Well, looks like I'm the only one liking GB this week. I think they're for real........looking for GB vs. NE in the SB, oh boys am I just dreaming this???

Comment

@ Bears vs Seahawks

I remember 2 years ago when the Cards played the Panthers in Carolina. No one gave the Cards a chance, they could not run and the Panthers had a great defense. Does anyone remember the final score? This will be a low scoring game, and low scoring games ALLWays favor the Big Dogg with lots of running plays. Hester will be the wild card in this game as far as the bears covering the big number. Ya want to trust Jay Cuttler 2 deliver you a double digit win? Come on Mane!

Comment

Working...
                      X