No announcement yet.

Baseball Contest Anyone ??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to suggest the sports-bettors.com site for records as well. It's possible to create a group with that software, so that it would create standings just for the people in that group.

Of course that would defeat the purpose of having the contest in the forum, but we could make it a two step process to make picks each day :

1) make your selections at the monitor

2) cut and paste your selections into the forum for all to see.

That would be the way to do it if we used the monitor. The monitor doesn't list pitchers so all bets are action.

The main thing is to incorporate the forum in some way.......

Comment

Originally posted by laxsfo99 View Post
      The Boys

OK. We'll wait to hear from any others today. If no suggested comments, I will post draft rules tomorrow morning (modified from previous college and pro contest rules) for comment. Bettorsworld MLB 2011 contest will begin weekend of April 8 - 10, 2011.

I'm sure the question will come up sooner than later - Any prizes involved in winning or placing in the top 2 or 3 at the end of the contest?

Once again, thanks for contacting Jeff and Bettorsworld support.

laxsfo99

Prize money will be:

1st $250

2nd $150

3rd $100

Comment

RE: Above post - Suggestion by Bettorsworld (Jeff) to utilize the sports-bettors.com site

No problem with me, as long as someone who is knowledgeable in setting up the group software for the sports-bettors.com site can provide instructions to interested participants on how to enter and post picks. I'm not familiar with how the program would work and how to set up the parameters.

Any volunteers or someone at Betorsworld.com who can set up the software and provide instructions?

laxsfo99

Comment

The Bettorsworld 2011 MLB Contest will start the weekend of April 8 -10 and end the weekend of July 8 - 10, 2011.

Prize money will be:
          1st $250
          2nd $150
          3rd $100

Here are the DRAFT rules: Note, if sports-bettors.com site is used for posting picks, score keeping, and standings not sure if rules below can be applied. Bettorsworld Adm does want this forum used for posting picks.

1) Pick 2 STRAIGHT UPS (SU) and 1 OVER/UNDER (O/U) from scheduled weekend Friday – Sunday MLB games.
          2) Contest will run for 14 weeks starting the weekend of April 8 - 10 thru weekend of July 8 – 10. Each win will be scored as 1 point. An over/under tie will be counted as 1/2 point.
          3) Maximum of 3 picks weekly which can be selected all on 1 day or a combination of the 3 days, e.g., 1 on Friday and 2 on Sunday or 1 Friday, 1 Saturday, and 1 Sunday.
          4) Should a contestant select a scheduled game that is canceled because of weather conditions or other extenuating circumstances, they will need to select another game FIRST that weekend or SECONDLY make the pick the following weekend. The exception to this rule is the final weekend of July 8 – 10, that is, no makeup games after July 10th.
          5) The tiebreaker, if necessary, will be the July 12th All Star game SU, combined total score and combined total hits.
          6) LV Hilton lines will be posted 1 day prior or early morning of the scheduled games.
          7) Each pick must be POSTED at least ONE HOUR prior to the scheduled start of the SELECTED GAME (s) that will be played on that day. PLEASE READ THIS RULE CAREFULLY!
          8) Editing selections will not be allowed. Once your selection(s) is posted, it is official.
          9) Weekly contest scores/standings will be posted Tuesday of each week.

Feel free to comment regarding above drafted rules. Let’s finalize contest rules by Sunday, April 3. Subsequently, early next week, need to identify score keepers and individuals who will post the lines in accordance with the above drafted rules.

Above draft rule are pending on outcome of whether sports -bettor.com software can be set up.

Good luck to all!

laxsfo99

Comment

Everybody is just going to take the two best pitchers of the weekend.

Makes no sense and wouldn't be much fun.

Why would you ever take an underdog team when you can choose from Doc Halladay or Josh Johnson or Tim Lincecum or Cliff Lee or Jimenez or C.C. or David Price?

Comment

You gotta give 1 point for picking a fav and the odds if you pick the dog.

So if Roy Halladay is -250 and the Astros are +230, you get 1 point if the Phillies win and 2.3 points if the Astros win.

Comment

Wide,

Hear what you’re saying. Glad you chimed in. I was thinking about doing something similar with the Run Line (RL) -1.5 and +1.5, but backed off because of the difficulty of score keeping. I agree there should be a higher reward for taking risk with an underdog team. When the lines are posted, can include the money line (ML) and any underdog pick with a +130, +150, +175 and higher (or whatever ML is designated) is awarded 2 points for a win. Again, trying to simplify for score keeping.

OR

For the three weekend picks, one must be a dog at +140 or higher or whatever +ML is designated.

Hope to hear from others on what they think and is the sports-bettors.com site feasible. I recall a couple of years ago when there were major problems with the weekly college football contest, it was suggested to use sports-bettors. com and nothing ever developed.

laxsfo99

Comment

I agree but not necessarily because of the pitching i just think that for points it would make it a lot more competitive and the whole risk for reward factor

those pitchers did only go 4-3 and lee and johnson were the only two that had easy victories the other games were all decided in late innings by the bullpen just saying but i agree with the points part

Comment

http://www.sports-bettors.com can handle it all. They offer the odds and will total it up. Today they offer the Phillies at -195 or the Astros at +185.

But how do we create a Group there so we can generate the Standings?

Comment

As you are probably aware, the old wagerline (funny money) now titled covers site, does run contests for members. For MLB, I believe they do ML and O/U, not sure about RLs. They are easy to set up over there, so I assume this can also be done at the sports-bettors.com site.

As Adm, Jeff, commented, wants the posting to continue at this site.

I'm going to defer to THE BOYS who initiated the possibility of the contest and his communication with Jeff.

Whatever is decided, I'll participate.

laxsfo99

Comment

Wide,

One last comment, I agree with FSU123, I don't care who the pitcher is, it's NEVER, NEVER a sure win. A number of these bullpens, can lose a lead in a NY minute. LOL.

laxsfo99

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
                          http://www.sports-bettors.com can handle it all. They offer the odds and will total it up. Today they offer the Phillies at -195 or the Astros at +185.

But how do we create a Group there so we can generate the Standings?
                          To keep this contest uncomplicated lets just post our picks here on the site. I think if we just post here we'll get more players.

Comment

Originally posted by laxsfo99 View Post
                            As you are probably aware, the old wagerline (funny money) now titled covers site, does run contests for members. For MLB, I believe they do ML and O/U, not sure about RLs. They are easy to set up over there, so I assume this can also be done at the sports-bettors.com site.

As Adm, Jeff, commented, wants the posting to continue at this site.

I'm going to defer to THE BOYS who initiated the possibility of the contest and his communication with Jeff.

Whatever is decided, I'll participate.

laxsfo99
                            Lets just keep it here on the site.......it's less complicated.

Comment

The Boys,

Thanks for responding. If the final decision to post picks is for this site, do you want to include a required weekend ML underdog pick? The 3 picks could be :

1) SU = 1 pt
                              2) O/U = 1 pt or 1/2 point tie
                              3) ML Underdog greater than +130 or whatever is designated = 2 points

laxsfo99

Comment

i dnt think we should be required too i just think that if its greater than +130 or whatever then we should get 2 points for it cause if its required then why bother giving 2 points for it its just another pick another thing to think about maybe if its over +200 to give 3 points just a thought on how to make ppl take some risks for bigger reward

Comment

Working...
                                X