MLB Sunday 4/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Sunday 4/3

There are a lot of teams going for the 3 game sweep today.

Here is a summary of the same scenario for the last 3 years:

2010: 6 teams going for sweep, 1-5 (SF on road won, road team lost, PHI & STL, home teams lost ATL, PIT, TB)

2009: 6 teams going for sweep, 2-4 (FL & TX won at home, road team lost ATL & NYM, home team lost TOR & BAL)

2008: 4 teams going for sweep, 1-3 (KC won on road, road team lost MIL, home team lost LAD, CLE)

In summary there have been 16 chances for a team to sweep the 3 game 'open day' series, they were 4-12 25% win rate.

So, I am begging for trouble here, way too many plays but based on history it's hard to sweep the first 3 games.

There are 9 scenarios today, but I am throwing out PHI/HOU as HOU has been swept last year and have really stumbled out of the blocks the last 3 years (2-5 in 08, 1-7 in 09, and 0-8 last year)

Here are the 9 teams going for the sweep:
    BAL
    NYY
    TOR
    CWS
    SEA
    TX
    PHI
    CIN
    SD

Going opposite and playing:
    TB -120
    DET +150
    MIN +115
    CLE +115
    OAK -180 (yikes, lot of chalk)
    BOS -150
    MIL +110
    STL -160

Shoot for the moon and parlay those 8 with PHI and then parlay those 9 with PIT/Cubs O 12.5 as the wind is blowing out towards left to left field foul pole at 20mph for the game.

After some modifications and handicapping, these will be my plays for today:
    DET
    MIN
    BOS

Comment

Taxman - Good Stuff - Thanks.

Agree on Minny.

971 Minny +115

NBA

516 Bobcats - 8
      only if Jackson plays.

Yesterday, won with the MLB Chi Soxs and lost both Final Four plays.

Good luck to all!

laxsfo99

Comment

Anyone else like LA tonight? Zito is crap and may be out of the rotation by year end.

Comment

Zito actually had a pretty good spring remember last year he started the year i think 6-0 and was their best pitcher the first month..Im not saying he is gunna do that again this year but you never know...he will be in the rotation the whole year they have no one to replace him.

Kuroda is a good pitcher gets a lot of ground balls and the giants hit a lot of ground balls.. if the giants hit like they did yesterday no chance LA wins...

I like SF in this one for some reason i see zito doing just enough to get the win or atleast keep the giants in it before handing it over to the bullpen

Comment

Interesting...

TB -120 L
            DET +150 W
            MIN +115 W
            CLE +115 W
            PHI -245 W
            OAK -180 W
            BOS -150 L
            MIL +110 L
            STL -160 W

Well, for 9 plays just going off of theory, 6-3 +3.1 units

I'll file this away for next year's opening day weekend.

Comment

nevermind my last post zito sucks the big one

Comment

That could of went either way really. Zito was OK but nothing spectacular.

I think Broxton will be out as closer soon for LA and scares the hell out of me when playing LA. I do not think there is a truely dominant closer in the MLVB anymore. Everyone can be hit and scored on, and that is scary when you bet and hope to rely on a good pen. Overs may be a better play on the bad closer/pens.

Comment

Woodie, I think you are over reacting. I really think very few games are 1 or 2 run games. If you remember the old days, saves were only taken into account when the tying run was on the on deck circle, not when you have to get 3 outs before 3 runs are scored, today's save situation.

Shoot most teams only have one or two loses when they enter the lead going into the 8th innning.

Comment

Working...
                  X