Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mock Hilton Rules........am I missing anything???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday. Many users check our picks. We are providing a service

Comment

A couple more notes on the saturday deadline...some already stated above.

1. Our picks bring traffic to the site...see dinger above. His are worth the most as he is a great NFL capper and some people follow them for real plays or the consensus plays.

2. Also, brings business to the Bettorworld site so Jeff can continue having free contests...THE MAIN POINT, AND ANY OTHER ARGUMENT DOES NOT HOLD UP TO THIS!! Without traffic to the site and sponsorhips from different sources we do not have a place to have any contests!

3. overload of traffic...If the site does get busy on sunday then we do not have the headaces of sorting out who could not get on etc. Just makes it easier for all.

4. Besides getting a better line, there is not much of a reason you cannot have picks in on Saturday barring an emergency. Lines are out on most game by tuesday, and you can use your picks and then compare them to the official line we are using. Does not take a rocket scientist to do this. Plus if you like a game at a certain number, and not another, then pass and move on to the more favorbale line as you would at your book.

5. See # 2 again and read what is in CAPS!!

Comment

Woodee, first off let me say that I respect your opinion and I know you're a good capper... but I'm going to disagree with you here.

As far as point # 2... If people wanna check out the plays in this contest, can't they check them out between noon and 1 pm on Sunday? I mean, if they really want the plays, they will have more than enough time to get a glance at them. Most of the players in this contest will probably post their plays well ahead of the noon sunday deadline anyway.

as far as point # 4... I think you're way off base in your arguments. Most of the bettors I know don't wager on NFL games until Sunday. Sometimes I'll bet a game or two before sunday but for the most part I'm checking things out right up until 1 pm on sunday... and I think the majority of bettors are the same way. Like I said earlier, saturday is for college football and sunday is for pro football. Plus, we need to make FIVE plays. I think we need as much time as we can get away with to post 5 solid plays.

People cap games different ways... doesn't make your way right or wrong or my way right or wrong... its just whatever works for that particular player.

Lastly, the guy that got this contest going is for the noon sunday deadline. I don't think we should disrespect The Boys and go against his wishes.
        Last edited by Monroe Eaford; 09-14-2011, 01:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by oldluds View Post
          It (saturday deadline) is what was posted as the rules when we all paid in, I feel changing a week in isn't wise. Changing rules on the fly after a contest is started, especially a pay one, may open a can of worms.
          Good point.

Comment

If the hilton has the saturday deadline then so should this.

Comment

Bettorsworld will get more traffic if more picks come in early as folks will keep checking in to see the picks come in Thursday, Friday and Saturday. With a Sunday Noon deadline, some will still post early, but most will hold off as you'd be crazy not to wait until Sunday to make your picks. There are often key players with injuries that are game day decisions and that can really impact a line. Also, smart money comes in late and can move the lines significantly on Sunday and influence your picks. This is a key point to this deadline argument.

As a capper, sure you want to study until Sunday at Noon, but for your real-life bets you are working against a moving line. Our Contest has a static line set on Wednesday! Having a Sunday Noon deadline turns this into a line watching contest to see which line move you can take most advantage of. I don't blame folks for doing it. I'm influenced by it too. This past week, after the lines moved on Sunday morning, you could have had Redskins +3 when the line moved to +1, Bears +3 after the line moved to +1 and Bills +6.5 after the line moved to +3.5! It's a flaw in the contest that gives late entrants an advantage and will force everyone to wait till the last minute to see how the lines move. True, some of the line moves would have led to losses. I'd just like to see this strategy removed from the contest.

I expect this is why the Hilton has a Saturday deadline. They even changed the day they post their lines from Tuesday to Wednesday to have less line movement. If we have a Sunday deadline, then we should not post lines until Sunday morning to get the sharpest lines! Of course, no one wants that, but that would give us the fairest line for all players. The Carib Contest changes their contest lines every morning to avoid line poaching, but they have the software to keep track of everyone's picks at the different lines.

Comment

I see all your points guys too. Just voicing my opinion and I know everyone caps differently. No dis-respect to you guys either as you are probably better than me overall in capping.

I could really care less overall when the deadline is and it does not affect my life one bit.

But Somewhere we have to decide if this is a true 'mock' hilton contest or a BW contest picking 5 games. The Hilton has their rules for a reason and I guess thats why they do or they'd have all kinds of chaos with players running in, bitching that the lines are long, not getting plays in, getting better lines than others etc.

I say its The Boys and Jeffs final call in it and I will repsect thier ruling either way.

We should call have a separte forum called "The Debate" club and X-big is the Master D'bater... (just kidding man but had to throw it in!)

Comment

I was just looking for a little feedback.........right now I have the rule set at plays must be submitted by Saturday at 12:00 midnight for the Sunday and Monday games............

Comment

Hey, we should ask for pay if we are providing a service!

Comment

Working...
                    X