X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resteasy
    replied
    Originally posted by widestrides View Post
    Yeah, what is it with these lines? Some books will post -9 or -9.5 and others will have -7.5 . And they do it at -1 and -2.5 also. I think some books are trying to avoid the teaser plays. A -9 or -9.5 prevents a 6 point teaser from going below 3 and a -1 prevents a 6 point teaser play over 7.
    Yeah, I see 5dimes pulling that crap. Example: ravens +1 BUT +110. They're not giving the tease on the -110 line only on the line they are showing.

Leave a comment:

• resteasy
    replied
    I see the thursday games this year as bye weeks for those teams.
    Likely won't play any Unless I loved several lines so much I knew my mind wouldn't change AND there weren't any ?'s for those teams. Even then I'd be shaky on it but may play one in that instance.

So yeah, likely not playing thursday games.

Good job this week to those over 500. Tough tough week 1.

Leave a comment:

• woodee12
    replied
    Yeah, it does stink, but if the real Hilton does it that way, thats probably the way it should be. Plus it would be tougher for the scorers as well to try to keep track of the posts/times etc.
    I rarely play a thursday game because of this myself unless I see something I really like as in this week, but we'll see...

Leave a comment:

• The Boys
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    With all of these Thursday games this year, I really dislike the rule stating you have to post ALL 5 picks to play the Thursday game. Its a real disincentive/disadvantage to play Thursday night (1 game vs. 4 games).
    I understand Black Cat, I'm sticking to the Real Hilton rules as close as possible.

Leave a comment:

• dragon1952
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    With all of these Thursday games this year, I really dislike the rule stating you have to post ALL 5 picks to play the Thursday game. Its a real disincentive/disadvantage to play Thursday night (1 game vs. 4 games).
    The real Hilton works the same way though. That's obviously the disadvantage of playing a Thursday game.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• woodee12
    replied
    Yeah. I had the saints ml in a couple parlays and they ruined an otherwise good day! Cannot predict that stuff!!

Leave a comment:

• dragon1952
    replied
    The Saints had won 12 out of their last 13 home games and all but 1 game (which was by 7) was by double digits. -7 vs a rookie QB and against a team that hadn't even decided on it's starting RB yet seemed like a gift.

Leave a comment:

• Masked Prognosticator
    replied
    It truly was Black Sunday anyone who got 3 and 4 wins did a fantastic job.

Leave a comment:

• widestrides
    replied
    Yeah, what is it with these lines? Some books will post -9 or -9.5 and others will have -7.5 . And they do it at -1 and -2.5 also. I think some books are trying to avoid the teaser plays. A -9 or -9.5 prevents a 6 point teaser from going below 3 and a -1 prevents a 6 point teaser play over 7.

Leave a comment:

• woodee12
    replied
    The nfl is nuts. I think it's going to be one of those off and in years where one week the obvious favs dominate and another week where a bunch of strange dogs hit like Cleveland in week 1.
    Week 2's giants line of -7.5 to -9 resembles the saints and lions line of last week.
    Good luck to all.
    I think 60% may be a great score this year to be in the money.
    I don't remember what won it last year??

Leave a comment:

• widestrides
    replied
    Same happened to the real Hilton Contest players. They averaged 41%. It was that sucker -7 line they posted for the Saints and Lions that did a lot of folks in. And a lot also had the Eagles -8.5 and Packers -5.

The Saints and Lions line started at like -9 and at one point dipped to -7, but then went right back to -9 or so at the close. Strange happening that the Hilton line was posted during the dip to -7.

Leave a comment:

• Carpet
    replied
    Every week is interesting

Leave a comment:

• The Boys
    replied
    Week 2 should be very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Carpet
    replied
    Originally posted by widestrides View Post
    Seems to be a lot more 0s, 1s and 2s than 3s and 4s. And no 5s!

Here is a snap shot of how the field fared in week one:

5 points =0 players

4 points =5 players

3 points =17 players

2 points =20 players

1 point =18 players

0 points =6 players

Only 33 % of all contestants posted a winning record in week one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X