Who liked that backdoor Utah cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who liked that backdoor Utah cover?

Way to run or bump into the punter by the USC special teamer. Kept the drive going!

That was a classic backdooring!

I have been stewing over this for the past 1/2 hr. I won on the night as I had USC on a 7 pt teaser with St Louis and the under so it's not all sour grapes. I did have a small bet on USC -14 and I did pick them as my college GOW. But I've seen this happen many times and I just don't understand the rationale. You're up late in the game and you are getting the ball back. What on earth is the point of trying to block the kick?
    In this case, USC was up my 17 pts with around 5:30 left. You're getting the ball back and it would be highly unlikely for Utah to stage a comeback. So you try and block the kick and there is a penalty that gives the other team a reprieve. Say they score on the next couple plays so now it's a 10 pt game with close to 5 min left. I just don't understand. Obviously the coaching staff hasn't told them to hold back and just be satisfied with getting the ball back and running clock. So WTF? It seems like only bad can come from it.
    This was definitely a bad beat as USC was getting the ball back with a 17 pt lead, and then even with the penalty they had Utah on a 4th and 16 with basically the 3rd string QB in there. Just un- fucking- believable the stupidity involved there.

Comment

My thoughts exactly.

I had a small parlay very live with St. Louis/USC/Michigan.

I did not look closely to rewind the play. My only logic was, it might have been a deep on the bench guy going out and trying to make a name for himself. But, what a idiot!

I do believe college backdoors are way more common than in the pros.

Actually, I cannot remember a backdoor NFL cover?

Comment

I understand the desire for a player to want to make a play but you'd think the coaching staff would tell them to not even rush the kicker. I've never played organized football so maybe I just don't understand.

Comment

I did, I Play on weeknight Home Dogs
          good luck

Comment

There were many stupid things done by the Utes throughout the entire game but I suppose the USC backers won't recall those miscues.

Comment

It's really irrelevant what happened during the game as we were talking about the last 5 minutes but we sure appreciate your sarcasm.

Comment

pretty much the same post you made about the atrocious call/non call in that packer/seahawk debacle. ironic.

Comment

Working...
                X