Gun to your Head- Survivor pools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun to your Head- Survivor pools

So, my Survivor Pool started with 4400 people at 100 apiece. We are down to 556. This is a pretty tough week if you have already used Atlanta. I am looking at NYJ over Ind, Ariz over Buffalo, Pitt over Tenn and Mia over St Lou. I think Pitt might be the easiest pick, but I hate taking away teams and would love to save Pitt for week 17 against Clev. The NYJ would be my optimum pick to use to get them out of the way and save Ariz. Mangold is suppose to play, along with Keller and maybe Hill back. I would appreciate anybody's thoughts. Also, If anyone would be interested in being in this pool next year, I can give the info. Maybe, we could do a couple picks for the site. The prize pool this year is 440,000.

Very tough week.......while the Titans are bad, I don't trust the Steelers this year. Miami and St Louis is a toss up in my eyes....The Jets could really use a win here and if they can put forth another decent effort should get by the Colts, but the Colts look like they are going to be a tough out against anyone.

I'm not giving up on the Cards as being a decent team this year. If I'm right, they'll get by Buffalo at home, so that would be my choice.

P.S. Get me into this contest next year.....very nice payout!!!

Comment

For sure Jeff, I will have to try and get the info out early next year. This pool is out of NJ and done all online. It is different then most pools because of so many people, you have to make 2 picks a week starting week 12 if you aren't below a certain number, so a lot more planning. Now, Brown is out for Indy, plus a couple of questionable O-lineman. If Mathis is out, I probably will go with the Jets for sure. On the other hand, Buffalo is beaten up pretty good also. Now, Anderson out for a couple weeks. If they would have traveled home I probably would have taken Ariz for sure. I'm just a little hesitant because of the RB situation. I am surprised Ariz hasn't resigned Hightower yet.

Comment

This would be the best time to use the Jets until week 14 & 15. Hill and Keller back. Indy with Brown out. BUT I don't trust them. Reggie Wayne should draw Cromartie and that could do it for you. Hard to trust the Jets.

Like the cards a little more of your choices. Also like the dolphins. Rams playing good D but reggie bush and hartline are going to be trouble for them. This isn't the cards offense or the seahawks offense. Should be pretty low scoring too.

Keep an eye on Cleveland too this weekend. Haden back that defense will be better and they play at Indy next week. If ever a time to take them it may be next weekend. IF you need them

Comment

I haven't used Atlanta, so they're the obvious pick, which will destroy many pools. If you can't use them, I'd go with the Jets.

Comment

I think Jets are the best of what you got left, Indy could be in for a letdown too after knocking off the Pack.
            good luck

Comment

Go with the Jets Wisky......They win easy this week.........Get me into this next year.......What's a $100 bucks in the scheme of things when the prize is almost half a million ?
              ;)

Comment

good luck wisc
                may be interested in the pool next year too.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. We lost 75 on Pitt on Thursday, so the pool is down to 481. I have 2 picks left. I am taking Atlanta on one. The other I tossed between Ariz and NYJ. After much deliberation, I am going with the Jets. I might need to use Ariz in week 12, so that was the final straw. Good Luck to everyone today.

Comment

Wisky, nice call today. Put me down as another who
                    wants in next year. Keep it going!

Comment

I am degenerate gambler, so you need to add me as well!

Comment

Working...
                      X