Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL London Game New England @ Rams... @ England

Historical info:

2007: Giants over dolphins 13-10.........total: 23.......Spread: Miami +10, o/U 47
    2008: saints over chargers 37-32.........total: 69......Spread: NO +3, O/u 45.5
    2009: Pats over Bucs 35-7..................total: 42......Spread: NE -15.5, o/U 44.5
    2010: 9'ers ove Broncos 24-16.............total: 40......Spread: SF -2.5, o/U 41.5
    2011: Bears over Bucs 24-18...............total: 42......Spread: Bears -1, o/U 44

So, the London games have seen only 1 over and 2 dogs cover in the first 2 years.

Here's an interesting note from the pats game

"CBS broadcaster Phil Simms noted during the opening of the game that "the fans in London came up to him and said they were more excited about this game than the previous two." It is most notably because the New England Patriots have a massive fan base in the United Kingdom and the fact that QB Tom Brady was the center of attention by the British media from the moment the Patriots arrived in London, more than the designated "home" team the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, whose owner, Malcolm Glazer, also owns Manchester United."

Current line is NE-6.5, o/u 46.5

Think you go with the history and what looks like the current trend for rams games take NE, Under.
    Also would be a great game with a tease for around NE pk, under 53.5.
    Last edited by resteasy; 10-22-2012, 11:29 AM.

Going to be a tough game to call here. NE struggling to close out games and Rams are a tough team to get by (excluding last week).

Comment

I don't think Brady having most of the fans behind him at the game is gonna be a factor, He doesn't seem to respond at home on their regular field.

This is tough matchup for NE, they just played an emotional game with NY to take over first place.
      good luck

Comment

I never know what to think about how these teams will respond to playing over there. I also wonder what the NFL thinks they are going to accomplish by playing there. In the end, I don't think they'll be successful at establishing there (if that is the ultimate objective).

Comment

Guy, It's really all about marketing and selling stuff. As an
          example, you would think Mexico would be a natural for
          expansion, but you don't see any regular season games there.
          Why? They already have fans buying Cowboys, Colts and Pats
          gear so no need to throw a bone their way.

On the other hand, still haven't figured out the Bills need to
          play in Canada................

Comment

To add to the op I had to rush through this so double check before making New England the play but in the past 10 years the favorite is 10-6-2 in regular season neutral site games; 8-3-1 in games held in London Toronto and Mexico City. Seems like with the shorter plane ride and being the better team New England is the right side.

Comment

Working...
            X