Survivor Pools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor Pools

So, I went with NE and Minn for my 2 picks. We only lost 11, so down to 389. I am going with Chic for one of my picks because I have to save GB for another week. For my other pick, which has the best path for the 2, I could go with GBay. In week 16, you have to be below 30 people left in order to only make 1 pick. I have Den over Clev slated for that spot, but if I could save GBay I would have a huge advantage if we would have to make 2 picks because most people will have them used up by then. So far, I have SF over Mia for week 14, Hou over Indy for week for week 15 and the 2 I just mentioned for week 16. Most people have already used those 3 and I would have a huge advantage. So, the game I am contemplating is Tenn over Indy. Any thoughts on this game?

can you post the teams you have left and then you can italicize the ones you are considering holding maybe with a note (week 15) etc? It'd be easier to see what options there are.

Comment

Ok, so keep in mind that by week 13 we have to be below 240, week 14 120, week 15 60 and so on, to not have to make 2 picks. I am pretty sure that we will be under the number for at least week 13.

My picks so far: Wk1 Chic, Wk2 Cinn, Wk3 Dall, Wk4 Atl, Wk5 NYG, Wk6 NYJ, Wk 7 Minn

My picks that I am holding: Wk 11 NE over Ind, Wk 12 Phil over Car or Ariz over Stl, Wk 13 Det over Ind, Wk 14 SF over Mia, Wk 15 Hou over Ind, Wk 16 Den over Clev and Wk 17 Pitt over Clev... I have SD and NOrl for fill ins for Wks 15 and 17 if 2 picks are needed. Also Seat for 14 and 17 if I don't use them in Wk 10. So, you can see why GB in Wk 16 would be big. But there are still options for Mia over Buff, KC over Ind and Phil over Wash for that week as well.

To fill in Wk9 either Balt at Clev or hopefully Wash over Car
      To fill in Wk 10 either Seat over NYJ or hopefully Balt over Oak

So, it's not imperative that I not use GB this week, but it would give me an big advantage for week 16. So, that is why I am looking at Tenn over Ind for this week.

Comment

To me that Ten/Ind game is a 50/50 proposition. Ten has given up 47 more 1st downs than they've got themselves. They've given up 27 TD's including 16 TD passing TD's. They're giving up over 400 ypg in offense, 134 rushing , 280 passing and a 72.7% completion ratio to opposing QB's.. They're giving up 7:30 min in TOP. And they're -4 in TO ratio. Scary team to count on IMO.

Comment

I have Bears for me this week... Steelers look like a team in week 16..

Comment

Look at KC over Oak for this week. Far from the best, but
            it's an option on another team that has no future value.
            At least worth a little more study.

Comment

I Love KC this week,
              KC had an extra week to get ready, raiders had team meeting after coming up short
              in atlanta followed it up with a Very emotional come from behind victory where they only won because Jacksonville lost its strating RB and QB. Big time let down this week even though its a division rival.

Play on a team after it lost by 25 points or more.
              6-0-1 ATS so far

Ten,NYJ, OAK, Jac, Buf, Ind -covered and cincy Pushed
              good luck

Comment

If I may chime in here...as a baseball coach I ran into a situation where a rival manager (biggest lowlife scumbag on earth, but thats not relevant here) tried saving his ace pitcher to face me in the final....only problem was he got housed in the semis by holding out the 2nd best hurler in our league and we crushed the team that beat him for a title........point being don't "save" a sure thing for a day that may never come. GL Ace!

Comment

Forgot to mention that Tenn's left tackle had an
                  appendectomy earlier in the week, so that adds to
                  Indy's chances.

Comment

I decided its not worth the gamble on Tenn, so my 2 picks are Chic and GBay. We lost 32 on the Thurs night game, so down to 357 headed into the weekend.

Comment

I've been there as teams are knocked out and I know how
                      hard it is to think about anything else. Gave up reading,
                      watching TV shows. Even thought about it during....well you know.
                      Solid play wisconsin. Good luck!

Comment

If GB loses, lots of people wil have their survivor shots end, including me. One of the "safest" best you'll have in these pools all year, which means..........

Comment

You are right, just ask all those who no longer stand
                          who took New England over Arizona in week 2. GL.

Looking for the NFC North to go 3-0 today.

Comment

Originally posted by wisconsin5473 View Post
                            I decided its not worth the gamble on Tenn, so my 2 picks are Chic and GBay. We lost 32 on the Thurs night game, so down to 357 headed into the weekend.
                            Good choices!

Comment

good job man!
                              had bears myself in one pool and between that and the giants game I had about 479 mini heart attacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X