Early College Looks/Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early College Looks/Plays

Here's what I am looking at so far: (* means I actually played it already)

*Georgia +7 over Florida....Feel like Goergia will make soime big plays and upend Florida's run here. Hoping I am not just taking the bait with the 7 point TD dog. Not a strong play but feel there is value here.

*Illinois -2 over Indy...One more time. If theres a winnable game for Illinois, this is it. They way they have killed me this year they'll win by 1. Public is on Indy which I like to see.

*Minnesota +4 over Purdue...Home doggy and Purdue getting some love by hanging with OSU last week. I think OSU just looked past them myself and thing the Gophers win this one at home.

*Kent State +14 over Rutgers...Rutgers leading Bid East but may over look Flashes here as they step out of conference. Kent is decent at 6-1.

Colorado +46 over Oregon...Blow out city but think Oregon may be peaking ahead to USC. Afternoon game too so I think they may get up and coast a bit. May be a Smaller play for me.

*Boston College -1 over Maryland...BC had average hopes with a good team but I think they can get another win here at home this week. Short number on the home team who hasn't looked as bad as many of their losses indicate.

*Iowa +6 over Northwestern...Iowa is a solid dog and come off a bad loss pretty well. Team is pissed how they played and they got booed off the field last week at home. Think they come out and keep this one within a FG win or lose.

*Cinnci + 3.5 over Louisville...Went against Cinnci last week with Toledo as they lost SU as a 7 point Fav. Think the hang and maybe beat L'ville on Thursday.

Texas Tech +7 over K-State---Waiting for line jump?

Mizzou -13 over UK--May be Mizzou's best shot for a blowout SEC win plus good value after UK hung with Georgia last week.

Washington +4 at home over Oregon State

Mich State +6 over Wiscy

What's on your radar this week?
    Last edited by woodee12; 10-24-2012, 04:15 PM.

Great write up woodee...

*Illinois -2 over Indy...One more time. If theres a winnable game for Illinois, this is it. They way they have killed me this year they'll win by 1. Public is on Indy which I like to see.

I can tell you this for what it may be worth looking at this game.

Indiana plays a loaded line of receivers to each side of the ball almost every play, while sending 3 receivers out to one side they also play a very fast up tempo game

Illinois is healthy, at least as healthy as they have been since the season started. 8 players are coming back for Illinois most on defense for this game. It also seems that the kicker will be back for Illinois.

The players of Illinois started the season wearing a wrist band stamped with the date of the big 10 championship game, the mood now is this is do or die.

The biggest thing I see coming into this game is that Illinois is healthy and they got some game changers coming back for almost the first time this year.

The QB of Illinois Nathan Sheelhaase is also looking very good in practice almost to good.

Every thing I look at tells me that Illinois at home and 80% healthy will win this game straight up.

Comment

Thanks carpet. That's good to hear from the inside.

Besides Illinois sucking all year, why iscthevline so low? All in all being against Indy, and at home I thought I would see at least 7?

Comment

Don't forget, IU can score, they hung 49 on Ohio State a few weeks back.

So, the square's opinion is if IU can score and score like LA Tech (who is actually very good) and AZ State, then the Illini cannot keep up.

Sometimes the line does not make sense (sort of like Toledo last week) and that's the time to capitalize!

Comment

Nothing official yet but I hear Iowa State's best defensive player, OLB, Jake Knott may be out for the game Saturday. Not a huge deal but without him, there will be a void and loss of big play ability against that high-powered Baylor offense.
          Just more of a shoot out than it was already going to be if he does not play.
          Last edited by woodee12; 10-26-2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Here's the rest of my card---I have been leaving a lot of winners out lately so decided to play a few more this week for less units per play. Bought 1/2 points as needed.

Arizona +7 over USC--Seems to be the hot play around the forums but I like Rich Rod's team to keep it close. And I love betting against USC most of the time.

Michigan State +7 over Wiscy--Spartans play a good game here finally.

Nebraska -1 over Michigan....Revege spot and tough road game for Michigan in Lincoln. Kinda a coin flip here but have to say Nebraska's D is the story here as long as the offense limits mistakes.

Texas Tech +8 over K-State---Just a shot and betting on K-state having a rare off game after being put in the spot light. K-state wins but by only 3-4 points.

Total of the week---
            Bama/Missy State UNDER 46

Comment

6 pt. teaser...

Arizona State pk/Arkansas pk

Small play--
              Auburn +15 over A&M

Comment

there is some value to be had for anyone that wants to take a stab on the irish. I don't see them being able to hang with anyone in a shootout with their sick offense so I see any ND play handcuffed with the under.

I don't really like them but if they cover, the game will be low scoring so I'll take a small shot on ND w/under.

Comment

K state is the play of the week for me this team looks and feels for real on all sides of the ball. Just where does Kansas State get these players in recruiting? The defense of K state is solid and I just don't see Texas Tech staying in this game.

Illinois -1 vs Indiana at home: A scrap line at best. Sure Indiana has scored a bunch of points on offense last few games will give you that. On the other side that defense of Indiana is nothing to write home about.

Nathan Sheelhaase the QB of Illinois has had great success vs Indiana the last 2 years in moving the ball on Indy. Illinois is getting back 8 players for this game, let me repeat 8 players all game changers type players.

Illinois has been hurt wounded deeply on defense and special teams this year and it shows, Now they are about to get healthy. A healthy Illinois team head to head should beat Indiana by 10 at home.

Good luck all
                  Last edited by Carpet; 10-26-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Going with two SEC dogs tomorrow.
                    Tenn +14 over S. Carolina
                    Mississippi +6 over Arkansas

Both could win outright.

Comment

I like that notre dame under as well.

Looked ar that Arkansas game closely and think it will be a good one. Just feel Arkansas is starting to play up to potential and salvage thier season for a bowl game. Miss is solid but line them more at home than on the road.

Comment

Seems like Arkansas is playing a lot better now. Just thought they would do it from the start. I am not sure they are as good as I thought they were though but I think they could finish pretty strong. What if anything do you think about Notre Dame? It appears to me that a lot of people are on them.

Comment

You are both right about Arkansas playing better, so strictly a hunch play.
                          Thinking that Kentucky and Auburn gave them a false sense of improvement.
                          Any thoughts on Miss St/BAMA? Those points are tempting ....

Comment

Krichinsky,

I was shocked when I saw the line. I can't remember when any sec teams maybe with the exception of Vandy and Kentucky were getting so many points. But when you think about it, who has Missy st beat? They beat Tennessee at home and beat a really bad KY team. Still a 7-0 team getting 24 is crazy to me. I still believe this Bama team is not as good as the two that won the national championships. What I didn't see coming is that the rest of the SEC is so bad. Florida and SC withheld. Lsu certainly doesn't look like the LSU team from last year, Georgia is struggling in my view, and Tennessee/Arkansas just not what was expected. I would take the points in the Bama game still. I say that because Miss st does have a decent qb and their defense is fairly athletic. I think they keep it closer than 24. Good luck!!

Comment

I dont think there is one college team who has cost me more money than Illinois between hoops and football. Sorry sacks of shit!
                              How can they be this bad???

Comment

Working...
                              X