Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday Night Football - Philadelphia (3-7) vs Carolina (2-8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football - Philadelphia (3-7) vs Carolina (2-8)

Current line,
    Carolina -3 (-125)
    O/U 42

Not sure what they expected when they scheduled this game but surely not this. Philly has lost 6 in a row and are down to their 2nd string QB and RB. Vick and LeSean McCoy were their 2 most dynamic play-makers so I'm not sure what's left. Last week vs one of the worst pass defenses around Nick Foles was a dismal 21 of 46 for 204 yds, 0 TD's and 2 INT's. The 2 starting WR's, DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin, were held to a combined 2 rec for 5 yds. RB McCoy was the leading receiver and now he's out. Foles figures to be dumping it off again a lot to RB Bryce Brown, WR Riley Cooper and TE Brent Celek as he did last week when 16 of his completions went to a RB, TE or Cooper. As a team the Eagles are -18 in TO ratio as they don't create many for themselves but give it up freely.

Carolina is just 2-8 but six of their losses have been by 6 pts or less and 4 they led going into the 4th Q. They are 1-3 in road games but have been competitive in all of them winning at Washington by 8 (Philly just lost there by a landslide), losing at Chicago by just 1, Atlanta by just 2 and at TB by 6 in the season opener.
    Although it's hard picking a 2-8 team to win on the road you could probably surmise that they will at least be very competitive in this game considering their performance so far this season and considering Philly has lost 7 of their last 8.
    You might conclude that Carolina might have a little more motivation and that Philly might be a little down right down. It's hard to tell if a national stage might give the Eagles some motivation. But bottom line, the Panthers are a pretty good 2-8 team and have played a pretty tough schedule while still being competitive in all but 2 games (Denver and NYG).
    I think the line might be a little high barring multiple defensive/special teams TD's and/or multiple TO's inside the opponents red-zone so I at least am playing my normal 7 pt teaser for 1 unit and then also taking maybe a 1/2 unit play on Car -3.
    7-pt teaser
    CAR +4
    UN 49

plus
    Car -3 (-125)

Kinda late but I took the eagles +3 for +105 today. No reason other than they have to cover at some point. Just a mnf for fun wager.

I am still mad at my charger loss yesterday!!!!

Comment

Yep. And the eagles are truly pathetic. Both sides if the ball. I hate Philly so I imagine what Philly fans think!!

Comment

My motto is "Bad things happen when you bet on bad teams!"

I spent the evening going through and deleting old emails and deleting programs on the DVR.

Too bad ESPN shelled out cash for that stinker of a matchup! Too bad NBC cannot flex out of the crap riddled Cowboys/Eagles game next Sunday night. That too will be a steaming pile of dung!

Comment

Actually it was a very entertaining game compared to a lot of them they've had.

Comment

Yeah. Philly was in it all game at least so I had a shot. That's all you can ask for if you lose.

Comment

The 3 fumbles and losing DeSean Jackson killed them. Carolina didn't turn the ball over and played well but the only thing that stopped the Eagle offense was themselves. If they don't turn the ball over they likely win or at least cover. But they were -18 in TO ratio (now -21) going into the game so I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise.
              Last edited by dragon1952; 11-27-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

^ that delves into the old debate, was it the runner fumbling or the defense making the play?

was entertaining to watch. When they pair up teams of equal (or close to it) quality it's usually a good matchup. It's generally the powerhouse vs the pathetic team that sucks (example: pats/jets last thursday)

but for 2 non playoff teams it's (somewhat) surprising how many primetime games both the eagles and next week's cowgirls have gotten. Far too many.

Next 2 monday nights look like fun. Giants/skins should be entertaining (what's with the NFC East primetime next weekend?) and the texans/pats could be a playoff preview.
                Then jets/titans.... ugh. Sounds bad but again, two bad teams could make it interesting.

Comment

Working...
                X