Vikings, Redskins, 2pt. conversions.....& how these relate to Widestrides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings, Redskins, 2pt. conversions.....& how these relate to Widestrides

Driver of Redskins bus #1 on the way to their game vs. Vikings manages to misjudge the exit ramp on the freeway causing Redskins bus #2 to run into the back of him shattering it's windshield, scaring the beejeezus out of everyone on bus #2 and causing one of the assistant coaches to soil himself but somehow (and remarkably) RG3 managed to not hurt his knee then a little while later after the Redskins manage to make it into the stadium past a bunch of people marching in an imperfect circle in front of the stadium while crying in protest about their teamname (because there is nothing else really bad going on on the planet so they have time, interest in focusing on this) they score a late 4th quarter touchdown to go up by 5 (26-21) then after gathering on the sidelines and weighing the pros and cons decide to try a 2 point conversion which they fail at after which they pretty much immediately surrender a dramatic touchdown to the Vikings to go down 27-26 which makes the Vikings happy but nervous about just the 1 point lead so they decide to try their own 2 pt. conversion and they make it putting them up 29-26 which because Redskins were just +2.5 dogs in the Mock Hilton Contest results in this:

Ha! Yeah, that two-point conversion ruined my 5-0 week based on 5 picks from stale lines. But I liked all those plays regardless of the extra half point or point. But the line movement gave me the extra confidence to play those.

I would have started Colt McCoy. RGIII was not ready and he was out of shape and battered by the end of the game and made very poor throws. I would have at least taken him out in the 4th quarter after he could barely get up a couple times. Word was that the decision to p lay RGIII came from above.

Comment

4-1 though still vaults you up to solidly comfortable position lurking well within striking range of the leaders with more than enough time to go, setting stage for dramaric 2nd half to this.

5-0 would have been better and I think would have actually made us tied at 26 (I'm not for sure on that cuz....numbers are involved....math....so I can't deal) which, yeah, will have to be "acceptable" for here with 9 weeks done but could be and certainly should have been better....from both our perspectives on our entries I'm sure.

You're handling this .5 away from a perfect card MUCH better than I'd expected you would, infinitely better than I'd be dealing with it.

Maybe the zenned out avatar is accurate.

Comment

I also lost the Browns at -6.5 because they failed on a two point conversion! So I lost 3 picks because two of my teams missed their 2 point conversions and one opposing team made their two point conversion. That's 3 bad beats! Those are tough, and I've had more go against me than for me this year, but they are not as bad as what happened to Ole Miss. A two point conversion is earned or not through skill, so I can't say I got moosed. I still say that Colt McCoy would have won that game. He was solid and hit like 83% of his passes in Dallas! How do you bench him for a wobbly RGIII coming back too early? Owner Daniel Snyder meddling again.

Comment

Yeah, without any great disrespect towards Snyder himself I mean.....would YOU want to have to endure the public outcry, massive nashing of garments and wailing of teeth that would follow him not playing the commodity RGIII at any POSSIBLE opportunity, I know I wouldn't....ideally for RGIII's own good, the good of the team and the good of Widestrides #2 entry there'd be an owner who'd just come out and say:

"listen. we're gonna play him when he's ready and not until then"

and then just do that.

Certainly inconceivable that the COACHING STAFF felt RG3 was who they needed to have in there but Skins management in a no-win situation here. They pull him for Colt and they lose (like they did anyway, largely IMO also cuz of RG3's circumstance) and the sound of Monday Morning Coaches whining would be effin' deafening."

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
            I lost 3 picks because two of my teams missed their 2 point conversions and one opposing team made their two point conversion. That's 3 bad beats!
            Even worse than that is the fact that I managed to "talk myself off of" the 3 winners I mentioned in our discussion about the stale lines.

Miami, Steelers and Tampa Bay. Opting instead for San Diego based upon superior Yards per Point, QB Rating and just general stupidity on my part, DENVER-3 for Lord only KNOWS what reason and SF-10 cuz they'd OWNED STL at STL just a few weeks ago from Halftime on....STL didn't even look COMPETETIVE then, SF ROLLED over them and I figured with the "turmoil" and their mediocrity of late combined with the fact that not yet laid a beatdown in their brand new stadium that this was the spot for that so basically.....

in the end I opted to back what I perceived as more powerful squads over what I perceived to be lesser teams and turned what would have been, had I just not second guessed myself at literally the last minute, a 5-0 card into 2-3.

Complete and total Suckdom.

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
              I lost the Browns

Comment

Working...
              X