Upset of the week fun facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset of the week fun facts

First, I would like to thank everyone who participates in this contest each year. There's no prize money involved the same guys keep competing in this contest year to year. I think that the fact that you do this speaks to your character and we truly appreciate it. What I've noticed over the years of keeping score with this is that the guy who takes the early lead and is usually a couple of picks ahead of everyone else, just keeps picking winners. I myself have stunk at this contest until last year and it happened to me. I got hot early and just kept picking upsets and won this contest. I usually do like I am this year...really, really bad. Some guys really seem to have a knack for this contest...K-man comes to mind...I know that he's won this and seems to do well in most years. We usually have different winners in this contest...Bret, Pdiddy, K-man, and many others...I'm not trying to leave anyone out if I didn't mention you.

There have been many weeks when this contest produced a higher percentage of winners than the regular college contest. So thanks to our Buddy Carpet for starting this contest and handing it to me to run. He also has had some health issues that he has told me about recently. He is an Icon on this site and we don't want to forget his contributions to it. This contest is a lot of fun and I usually list the winners each week but I haven't this year. So I wanted to pay tribute to the guys that participate in the contest year after year. I also want to thank the newcomers to it like Geoff777 who is doing great this year picking upsets.

One final thing...This years weekly winning percentages..I don't think it's even close to our best but here it is anyway.

WEEK WINS TOTAL PICKS PCT
    1 7 24 29.17%
    2 6 24 25.00%
    3 9 22 40.91%
    4 7 23 30.43%
    5 8 20 40.00%
    6 9 21 42.86%
    7 7 22 31.82%
    8 9 19 47.37%
    9 11 20 55.00%
    10 5 19 26.32%
    11 11 17 64.71%
    12 1 4 25.00%
    13 0 0 #DIV/0!
    TOTAL 90 235 38.30%

GL this week and thanks again...

RR84

Thanks for your work on both contests. Much appreciated.

Comment

i keep forgetting to ask this but when is the final week for this contest?

Comment

Great Job RR

Comment

Working...
        X