GRAND SLAM SPECIAL

MINNESOTA VIKINGS +3 1/2

BUNT SINGLES

MINNESOTA VIKINGS M/L + 165
    MINNESOTA/GREEN BAY OVER 37
    BYU -3 NCAA FB
    BYU/OREGON UNDER 62

TIS THE SEASON.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM EVERYONE HERE AT THE BOONE MOONE FAN CLUB AND RADIO NETWORK.
    ;)

Boone,
    I respect your picks in all, but do you mind explaining your Minn pick to me. I was leaning the other way but had nothing solid to fall upon. Tell me what your thinking.
    jpehl

Comment

i was leaning toward the vike myself earlier in the week. now with the vike starting a rookie quaterback, the horrible weather (rain/sleet game time) and this being Farve's last home game, i am reconsidering the play.

Comment

Hi BM....i disagree on this one

Jackson first start - on 3 days rest, dome team on road in GB in December, primetime, Farve coming off poor performance, Minny secondary blows....i think this points to a GB win here

i know that the fav in this series has done poorly - but i think GB takes this one - Farve will want to put on a show and he looked bad last week

GB wins by 6.......something like GB 23-17

CF2

Comment

I don't really care for having to explain my picks, especially since nobody else does, and when they do.......it's usually the kiss of death becuase of way too much information.........Moreover, since my picks aren't too popular with many players, and at times don't seem too logical, I shouldn't have to explain my picks for an NFL season that has regularly defied logic................But if it will make more sense to some, I see this:

MINNESOTA 27
          GREEN BAY 20

Blah, blah, blah about Favre's last game at Green Bay........does this automatically mean that the Vikes will roll over and play dead, allowing him to have a career game?..........Get real, these guys on the field are professionals, they're here to win, that simple...........throw emotion out the window...............Besides, Lambeau Field hasn't exactly been a safe haven for the Packers this year, having dropped 5 out of the 7 games played at home this year........including a 38-10 drubbing at the hands of the mighty New York Jets.

The Purple Gang on the other hand, have played competitive football all year long, without any quit..........With the exception of that nightmarish Sunday night game up in Seattle early in the season, they've been in just about every game til the final gun............This new quarterback they'll send out tonight (on three days rest ) is supposed to be the real deal, we'll find out tonight.........As far as I know, everybody is playing on 3 days rest.............If the Vikes can run the ball effectively with Chester Taylor to keep some of the pressure off of the new kid in the pocket, you're gonna see alot of the Green Bay defense on your TV screen tonight.

As for Brent Farve, he's had one hell of a stay in this league and it will be sad to see him go, but I'm not so sure he hasn't already outlived it.............Good Luck to all either way..............It's just another game, and just another opinion...........that all folks !!

BOWL GAME PREDICTION:

BYU 37
          OREGON 20

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO EXPLAIN THIS ONE.
          ;)

Comment

hey BM - i respect your opinion...just using the forum to see your rationale behind the pick...that's all

CF2

Comment

Are you crying?

Comment

Good Luck with your play, I don't care who wins just a lot of points.
                good luck

Comment

O.K. J-Pal............I see you already having "visions of sugarplums dancing in your head" knowing that your Cowboys are in the playoffs and you're as happy as a fat kid in a candy store.............And you know that the 'Boys will beat the living shit out of Philly this week, you can take that to the bank..................But I'm not crying dude, despite having to put up with the Raiders all season long, just a little hungover I guess............Tis the season........I'm told that I was driving in the opposiite direction of traffic last night, and that's always a little scary in L.A.................Good Luck Champ.
                  ;)

Comment

With all due respect, YES, I think the Vikings are going to rollover and play dead. They just got trounced by the Jets a couple days ago, they have to go play this crap game at the end of their lousy season in freezing cold miserable conditions, and they have to put their careers on the line for a stupid rookie QB who is so compelling a prospect, they trot him out for a week 16 game.

Glancing through the threads, it seems like everyone's computer is reading Vikings. My computer did. I say screw the computer: rookie QB, Brett Farve against a pass defense he's already torched once coming off a bad game, playing in the kind of weather that tests your desire to win.

I say Farve ties Marino's TD record tonight. Not to be too optimistic...

Comment

Boone your to funny man, you know i was just busting your balls. I was leaning the other way and i know you never hesitate to voice your opinion. Im thinking about riding this ship with you tonight. As for my cowboys, some how i managed to get out of the whole family thing this weekend and picked up a few tickets for a couple of buddies. Im going to spend my Christmas in the parking lot. Dream come true to tell you the truth, dont have to open shit or bullshit with anyone. When i picked these tickets up i didnt think this would be that big of a game, but theres alot running on this game. First place and home field advantage when the Saints show there true colors to the GMEN.I really want to drop a bomb on the ML but i might have to bring a back up bottle just in case they decide to take an early Christmas. Theres more bad blood then in the first game. If you remember when my spitting WR left SF he burned Garcia pretty bad with the homosexual accusations. But like the man said if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat its gotta be a rat. Tis the season.
                      On to the pick, theres to many people riding Favres shoulders for this game. Two years ago i would say your crazy, the man is a god, but like all men time has taken its toll. I think this game is going to be ugly personally.I might just play the total tonight. Anyways good luck to you tonight.
                      jpehl

Comment

i think garcia is gay...this will be one of the few times that i side with TO....not that there's anything wrong with that

CF2

Comment

I gotta agree with Minny here. Everyone's here talking sh!@it about this rookie QB Jackson...well let me put it in this simple way>>>What the hell has Johnson done for this team lately? Other than the Arizona game , where his numbers were great , his performance and effort has been about as good as me wiping my anus....which the last time I checked, was not much effort at all! This guys had more INT's than TD's last 3, not mobile whatsoever. Now tell me, is Jackson gonna be as good as this. The future is already looking good by taking the dinosaur out. They may have a bad pass defence but GB cant stop the run even if the opposing RB is blind. Gore torched this team, so did the Jets run attack, this will make it easier for Jacksons debut, i like him to throw some deep passes. Minny's lost to some seriously good teams lately...Miami, Bears and Jets. Now dont tell me the Pack follows in this group (Jets being the worst of that group)
                          I hope there is alott of GB support, just means more points for me

Ahhh my first NFL debut here, and it's with 2 teams who think they can make the Big Show..Santa Clause better be wearing some Purple Boxers!

Comment

Boone
                            Do you think you could explain your BYU pick.

Comment

Minny is up to +4 now, i think this is as good as it gets. Better take them now before they fall back to 3.5!

Comment

Working...
                              X