Rio Rant #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Rant #2

I recently ragged on Rio in a previous post, and, unfortunately, they now deserve another rant. Today (Thursday)I waited til post time to bet the Cincinnati/St. Louis college basketball game under.

Now, when post time hits, the Don Best screen highlights the game. That means you have anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes more to bet the game at the various Don Best books. As soon as the game was highlighted (4:00PM), I attempted to go under the only 143.5 on the screen, which was at Rio. For 4 minutes all I got was a recording. At risk of being shut out, I called Sports Market at 4:04, instantly got through, and went under 143. Naturally, the game fell 143, giving me a push instead of a win.

Rio is the only Don Best book where this would happen (although at Olympic you could easily get a busy signal instead of of a constant recording). Although Rio is great with their match-play bonuses and outstanding buy-back value, they need to improve their phone clerk service. They should take a cue from Sports Market, SOS, and others and set up an exclusive wiseguy line, so big-money players can get through right away, even at crunch time, and only deal with the best phone clerks.

why not use their online service?

I agree with what you are saying, the phone service sucks, the same holds true with olympic, but even starting on another website, i can always get a bet down faster over the net as opposed to the phones.

Comment

Phaedrus, I realize that books like Rio, Sports Market (Aces Gold),Olympic, and ABC are on-line. However, I have so many on-line books already that I don't have time to be opening these sites during crunch time. I need to see a line on the Don Best Screen, and call a bet in instantly. Also, the lines usually change so fast--although this one didn't--that by the time I would open the site, the line would have changed.

Comment

It would seem that it would be time for Reno to get a new computer, heres what i do, i keep 7 or 8 windows open on my CPU, one of which is Don Best, this way if a line that i want hits at one of my online books that are also on the screen i am already to go. The only books that this doesn't always work with are the ones that "time you out".

ABC is one of these books, though that is the least of my problems with them.

Comment

Phaedrus, 7 or 8 on-line sites wouldn't be a problem. That's what I already have exclusive of the Don Best Books. Add the Don Best books and you are talking about 15 to 16, which becomes untenable. Also, I bet a lot of money on many games, and many on-lines sites don't take that much, and if they do, you've got to punch the game in a number of times. With a minute or two to go before the game closes, you can easily get shut out trying to enter the game multiple times.

Comment

-
            Last edited by Don Best; 04-30-2002, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Re: Rio Rant #2

Originally posted by reno
              Although Rio is great with their match-play bonuses and outstanding buy-back value, they need to improve their phone clerk service. They should take a cue from Sports Market, SOS, and others and set up an exclusive wiseguy line, so big-money players can get through right away, even at crunch time, and only deal with the best phone clerks.
              Especially Superbowl time.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X