No announcement yet.

Costa Rica Revisited & secrecy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bsky2...My guess is they stopped at 21 because they thought they had a reasonable chance to win most of them. I could be wrong but they got several pleas, Jay Cohen's conviction(for now) and some of the remainder choose to stay out of the USA. If I'm wrong someone please set the record straight. This is in reply to your question...Scotty

Ronbets...Your golden parachute scenario is well worth thought. I wonder how many times this has already happened. We will never know under the present cloak of secrecy...Scotty

Comment

William Hill is in Costa Rica?

Comment

AV, William Hill may be king in Europe, but here he's trying to find his way to the end of the hall. They reduced my limits by an order of magnitude after I won a few bets. Not an indication of the biggest bookmaker around.

Comment

Big Money,

I like reading what you guys have to say and to see who you think is honorable in the offshore industry. There is some sharp players and BM's that post here and I find some of the posts intriguing.

Posing as managers doesn't fly with the feds. They can indict clerks, janitors, managers, etc. if they want to. If you haven't noticed you are guilty until you prove your innocence (thats why you spend time in jail prior to your trial) they will never grant bail to someone who resides outside of the US.

I sensed a little negativity in your post about me being here. Bettorsworld is a great forum but compared to the amount of gamblers playing offshore the amount of them that even know BW exsist is probably less than 1%. I am sure the webmaster here at BW could clarify this by telling us how many unique visitors and return visitors come here daily. How much would you like to bet it is less than 1% of the amount of people playing offshore?

Comment

Segundo, please e-mail me at [email protected], so I can arrange to get that material.

Freak, I'll give you a hint: he smokes a big cigar.

Comment

so by biggest bookmaker, you meant physical size?

image a few Asian bookmakers are fairly 'large' too, eh?

Comment

certainly true though from the uk betting publications I get that the large public corporation bookmakers in England turf winners out - racing or sport

Most common soccer bet was a 7 team multiple or something!

then again, so do some others - but big is a size of turnover and greed thing, not willingness to take people

Comment

bsky2, no offense intended. But I believe that if a book commits a serious offense (e.g. no pay) and is exposed here at Bettorsworld, then there are serious consequences and a far-reaching word-of-mouth extension.

Actually, I pulled a "Lance" last night and my post was unusually testy.

Comment

Big Money no offense taken.

Aussievamp, sometimes I forget about UK and the rest of the world. I retract my statement about being the biggest BM in the world. He is definitely the biggest (volume-wise) catering to U.S. players on the big 4 U.S. sports.

I am not trying to offend anyone or cut down BW. I love BW and respect most of the people who post here. I was just stating my opinion and I think there is a lot of people playing offshore (millions)and the vast majority haven't had the pleasure of finding BW yet.

Comment

Even with the clue, I have no idea.....

Smokes a big cigar ?????

I must be braindead.......

Comment

Working...
                      X