Australian questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian questions

AV2, Cons or anyone else: What's happened with the Australian Dollar? All my winning's at Darwin have pretty much evaporated thanks to your nosediving currency....any chance for a revival? I thought the upcoming Olympics would boost the economy and demand for your money....but so far nothing but bad news.

Go Sox! Go Australian Dollar! It's like every play is a parlay.

Also, has Darwin dumped tennis altogether?

So we are dealing with the exchange rate of a currency, this is new to me. I thought everything was in US dollar.

Comment

Darwin has $US accounts now but didn't when I joined and I never got around to switching. As a Canadian player it doesn't much matter anyway since they're both foreign currencies and you're at the mercy of the real gamblers out there....international currency speculators.

Comment

Bob:

The OZ currency has been under pressure most of the year. It has dipped below 60? but still above
        the record low of 55? a couple of seasons ago.

The low point is usually about this time of the year. Since OZ heavily relies on its exports of resources April/May is just the start of the farming season. The price of Natural Resources,
        such as Gold/Iron Ore/Nickel/Coal are low as well
        and this doesn't harbour well.

Nonetheless, the good ol' Ozzie is not fathomed by all this, 'coz as long as he has his XXXX and a
        form guide in hand, the beach not far - "She'll be right, MATE!"

FF

Comment

don't like XXXX much

but yeah, was lowish this time last year

it is all those yankee pig dog currency movers, eh? Undervaluing the good old dollar

Tennis? Quite possibly, I noticed a snide remakr in Centrebet's latest newsletter about 'one of their competitors' stopping tennis betting. So pretty likely they have then.

Comment

XXXX, why would anyone want to drink that if you have alternatives?

Comment

we dunno

Queenslanders and their weird minority beers

Comment

Case of swings and roundabouts.

Might be a good time to deposit (buy $AUS) and cash out your winnings if/when the AUS$ recovers?!

btw, I reckon Cooper’s Ale is the top Aussie drop.

Cheers

Comment

just beat me to the post AV2 (7.00, 7.01)

gonna watch the footy show?

Comment

Thanks for your posting Bob.
                    US Allsports has been offering US Currency accounts for some time now. If you like, you could e-mail our support desk or telephone us and request that your account be transferred to $US. This will mean that your current balance will be changed to $US at the prevailing exchange rate (attained directly from our banking institution) down to 4 decimal places. It will also mean that you will have a new account with us. You may wish to use the same password or pin number, but the account number will have to change.
                    US Allsports does NOT fluctuate your currency balance. The only time exchange rate comes into play is when you are depositing funds via Credit Card and the rate is the prevailing rate at that time on that day. This is because it is a legal impossibility in Australia to withdraw anything other than $AUD currency via Credit Card.
                    If you have a $US100 balance on Friday, you will have exactly the same balance on Monday if you haven't accessed your account in the meantime.
                    For any further explanations, please feel free to give us a call on our toll-free number and asked to be walked through any misunderstandings.
                    In regards to our Tennis betting, we have been undergoing some staff upheavals at the moment. It seems all our Tennis traders are diving into more "entertaining" sports like AFL and US Sports! Tennis has become the black sheep at DAS! In the meantime, we do hope to have our Tennis suitably staffed and up and running again very soon.

Dwight Bandy
                    Darwin All Sports

Comment

Fred,

The only thing that comes close to the Cooper's red drop is Crown Lager.

Fedya,

XXXX should be banished like Foster's, purely to export markets because it's terrible. Tastes like the Miller beers that the Navy boys brought into town last week - perfect market for it, send it to the States!!

Dwight,
                      What do you mean staff problems 'at the moment'?

Bob,
                      Think of your investment in the Aussie dollar like placing a futures bet on the 2005 Superbowl - it'll look good eventually!

Comment

Thanks, Gentlemen. I wasn't blaming Darwin for anything...our currency crashes here in Canada all the time. I love the Australian books and their easy going "no worries mate" approach to everything. It's much like you guys in here.....must be something in the water, or beer.

Maybe I should just get a pound sterling account at Stan James and let everything ride. After all, when somebody's currency goes down, somebody else's has to go up.

Comment

Fred,

Have to watch The Game first, too, the spousal unit says.

Well, that and work on baseball stats.

Comment

some of those Taswegian beers are pretty good Boris

Comment

To all the Diggers:

I apologize for offending your tastebuds...
                              Butt, as a Croweater I grewup on Coopers Stout and
                              Ale. Had the odd West End as well...

Actually, I found a place in SOHO, NYC which sells
                              Coopers and I get there every once in a while.
                              And OZ bred boy can't surive on YANK beer alone...

Also, BRUDDERS, I'm glad that you only thought the brew was off, 'coz the "the form guide" and "the beach are still goers!!!!

Cheers,
                              Up the BLUESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
                              FF

Comment

Working...
                              X