Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ck:
    REALITY,
    What is the verbal war with mls all about?
    I have been trying to check all the posts.
    But how in the world did this all start?
    Anyways, that is not why I am even posting here.
    I am not a big baseball bettor, and this thing about the 20 cent line has been popping up all the time.
    I know that the answer to my question will probably be in the archives. But you, REALITY, seem to put it in words that is easily understood to the "novice".
    So here is my question:
    How much of an affect, or is it effect? is it on a player that plays with a book with a 20 cent line compared to a 10 cent line?

The ten cent line is better for you because as a bettor it has more value to you in your pocket and your betting career will last longer than your friend who is betting the exact same games into a twenty cent line.

Ex:YANKEES -65 (DIME LINE)
    A's+55

YANKEES -70 (20 CENT LINE)
    A's+50

When you play into a dime line you lose a nickel less when you lose with the favorite and you win a nickel more when you win with the dog.
    Thus giving your bankroll a longer life than your friend who is betting the exact same games into a 20 cent line.

[This message has been edited by REALITY (edited 05-01-2000).]

Comment

REALITY,
      Thanks for the info.
      Jeff, mentioned on another post about a "takeback". Can you briefly explain to me what that is exactly?
      And for all of you who do know, I don't need the criticsm for not knowing all of this.

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 05-01-2000).]

Comment

Originally posted by ck:
        REALITY,
        Thanks for the info.
        Jeff, mentioned on another post about a "takeback". Can you briefly explain to me what that is exactly?
        And for all of you who do know, I don't need the criticsm for not knowing all of this.

When the dime line splits in different houses at different points in the line the takeback is what price you take back on the dog.

THESE ARE EXAMPLES OF TAKE BACKS:

-90 TB +80
        -95 +82
        -200 +85
        -205 +87
        -210 +9O

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 05-01-2000).]

Comment

These are rare posts where REALITY actually posted in upper and lower case.

He must have had a secretary that night and he was giving dictation...

Comment

Working...
          X