Denied of winnings. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everybody,

I would like to have the contacts to all major US newspapers and forums that are frequently visited by US customers.
    Any other forums will do.

Since I can't get my rightful winnings back, I will make sure Sportfanatik suffer at least as much as I do.

Please sent me the info by email.

My email is [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks

Comment

Scott Landau,

Do you mean that you have posted a message at Patrick's forum. I can't see any.

Comment

INTERNET GAMING COMMISSION?? Huh!!

What is this "commission" business--- a publicly elected commission to regulate internet gaming disputes. Elected by what government? Subsidized by who? Or maybe it's a a blue ribbon panel of impeccable repute floating around in cyber space just looking to adjudicate gambling grievences?

SURE SOUNDS IMPRESSIVE, but it don't count for ****!! Patrick----you people must think everyone out here is an idiot.

Dot

Comment

Anton, the reason you don't see my post is because Patricia deleted it, just like he deleted your bet! I also e-mailed The ---script---.com to ask why they are still touting and advertising this crook book.

Comment

Dot,

Actually, the Internet Gaming Commission is a respectible organization. They even have a lobbying firm in Washington that is helping them to fight the Kyl Bill and other legislation contrary to the interests of the offshore gaming industy. They are funded and supported by some of the biggest names in the business.

Regarding this James Dobez and what role he plays with the IGC, this is something that should probably be scrutinized a little closer, but the organization itself is respected throughout the industry.

Comment

Dot...

Come to think of it, I believe the IGC I'm referring to stands for "Interactive Gaming Council", which means that maybe Patrick just got the name wrong.

Maybe still, perhaps the IGC that Patrick refers to is a group of guys that meet and get drunk at Fat Boys on Thursday. If that's the case, than this bartender, Mr. Dobez, sure knows how to mix a good Margarita

[This message has been edited by Bette Midler (edited 06-04-2000).]

Comment

I just realised that there is actually nothing in Sportfanatik’s rule book that supports the cancelling of the bets. The following text is from SPF’s rules:

"All sporting events must be played on date and site scheduled unless otherwise specified. Sporting events postponed by more than 12 hours and or rescheduled, will constitute "No Action," and all money will be credited accordingly."

The only institution in the world that can schedule a dutch soccer match is the dutch soccer association. They scheduled the Cambuur-Waalwijk match to be played at 2:30 central european time, Sunday the 14th. The match was played at time and site scheduled. It was not postponed by more than 12 hours or rescheduled.

The conclusion I make from this is that there is nothing in Sportfanatik’s rules that can justify the cancelling of the match.

But what if it would have been the other way around. That the match was scheduled and played on the Saturday and SPF had it posted to be played on the Sunday. Could someone wager on the match after the result is out? No, this case is covered in another section of SPF’s rule book:

"All bets must be made and accepted, before the start of the game/event wagered. Any bet placed or received after the start of the game/event wagered, will be void."

Have I understood these rules correctly, or am I missing something?

Regards

Comment

First thing UK2000. Was the time and date of the match entered wrong by The Book or was it cancelled by the league and played the next day? If they put the wrong date on this game it is not the players fault! The players should not have to make sure everything is correct such as (dates/home teams/injuries/wrong lines other than wrong favorites)

Junior44. Do you really think this book didn't take any bets the day of the game? They had to know they made a mistake, unless the game was cancelled and played the next day. %100 per cent scam. Remember even though Patrick has more than one name for his Book(s) they are all really one Book!

If this amount of money is as much as you guys are claiming it is why don't you just call the Margarita Police. This low-life group will be happy to take care of your problem for a little payday. And I mean little. If Patrick knew what was good for him he wouldn't wait one minute longer to pay you! I'm %100 per cent serious! If indead this is your last hope. The jails in Venezuela are hell.

Patrick should never forget where he is doing business. If these Venezuelan's knew Patrick was scaming customers they would shut him down in a minute! If they put the wrong date in the system and waited till the game was finished to correct the problem they are %110 per cent wrong and this can be called a scam!

And stop calling Patrick a bookie....

Comment

DoggieStyle,

The play date of the match was entered wrong by the book. It wasn't cancelled by the league and played the next day, it was played on scheduled time.

The following is written by a person calling him self "The Dutchman" in another forum:

" I am Dutch and the match Cambuur-RKC was the last match of the Dutch competition 1999/2000. It is practice that the last matches are played at 2:30 p.m. on a Sunday. So Sportfanatik are not informed very well. "

Comment

• When I read the rules and regulations at Easybet's site I saw that they have the same rule regarding postponed matches as Sportfanatik do. I wrote Easybet an e-mail to see how they would handle a situation like this.

QUESTION:

"Dear Sirs,
                      I have a question. In your "Terms & conditions" it says:
                      "All events must be played on the scheduled day unless otherwise specified. Events that are postponed will be deemed invalid and all bets will be cancelled and stakes returned."
                      I was wondering what you mean by the term "scheduled". Do you mean the date the match is supposed to be played or the date that Easybets has posted on it's web site?
                      An example: Let's say there is a match that is scheduled (by the correct authorities) to be played on the monday, however Easybets has gotten it wrong and posted it to be played on the sunday (meaning the bet will be closed for a whole day before kick-off). Will bets on this match be canceled because of your rule?

Best Regards"

ANSWER:

"They have to take place on the date scheduled by the football League, unless it is completely incorrect, and the scheduled date is before the date we post, in which case any bets placed after the date and time of the event are deemed void. If the event is closed for a whole day before kick off, and it is the result of rescheduling then the event will be deemed void, if however it is an oversight on our part, then depending on the circumstances, it will stand.

Thanking you and best regards

Diarmuid
                      Easybets "

Comment

• *top*

Comment

• i just wanted be number 100.

brian

Comment

• Doggiestyle,

The date of the match was entered wrongly by The Book, but the time was correct. I agree with you that bettors should not have to make sure of the date or time other than the odds for the match.

Comment

• Don't want this to be forgotten.

Comment

• *top*

Comment

Working...
                                X