No announcement yet.

Which books take big bets, None I would say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope MK takes him up on the offer. I'm dying to know if they will take the bet ot not. Mark, here's the bet he wants:

Trying to get down some sizable action on NBA Conference odds, Nobody seems to want to take more than a nickel (excluding Spiros who wisely has price I wont touch).

I know they are futures, but come on a nickel on a 4-1 dog. I am not a wise guy, I know some, but trust me I am not. Yes I want to get down a decent size wager, whats wrong with that.

Comment

frosty, I agree with you, that is why I posted this. I couldn't believe that none of the books would take it either. I mean its not 10 dimes on a big price.

Thanks Mark, I am going to call Hollywood in a little bit, will post results afterwards.

You think a business savvy book would take this as a opportunity to say they take a bet that other big boys shy away from.

Of course with my luck, one of the best players will trip on soap and be out for year.

Thanks again Mark

Comment

On phone now with Hollywood, don't want to post team as is value at some places, and have seen change in last couple of days.

Although if you want to know, team in eastern conference, want to take +450 to +400.

As I said before, several big books don't have that price (reason they are some of best in business)

Comment

How did you make out with Hollywood?

Comment

Hi Dragon,

Talked with Hollywood yesterday, they told me they would talk to the owner and get back with me today. I thank Hollywood for their effort and note that they welcomed this action.

But, I also contacted Skybook/Rio and spoke with the BM their. They are going to take the wager, 5k at +450 and 5k at +400.

Props to Skybook for taking it, as they realize that it really isn't a ton of risk for them (can lay it come playoff time) but see the reward in landing a decent size player (not a wiseguy) for
            football season.

Also props to Skybook, for honoring the 10% bonus match play. If only the Vegas books did that, lol, people would fall over. First of all I could only probably bet $1000 at the books, including Manteris (Superbook -- what a joke, and oxymoron).

As I said before, now with all this talk, bet will probably fold as I keep having a vision of the teams star injuring himself.

Thanks everybody for their help, and thanks Bettorsworld as this forum did a great job. It solved a problem, and helped both the Bookmaker and the bettor for what will be a win-win situation.

Comment

Thanks for the reply MK. Glad you're able to get the play down. Sounds like the way to do it for the book. Take some, and then lower the odds and take some more. That's bookmaking right? I'm just surprised you couldn't get any other takers.

Comment

hi moneykeeper,if your willing to bet big bucks like that why dont you go to vegas?stupid?why would you risk that kind of money over seas?are you the kind of player you say you are?probably not.by the way listening to nunzio abuse you was fun.

Comment

Mr. Slammer,

Obviously you don't know anthing about this business. Vegas is dead, can't get down for a decent amount to make it worth while. Plus there futures numbers are crap.

And most important, these offshore places, respected ones such as Skybook, WSEX, and Olympic are safe, trusted and respected. I have met and dined with some of the owners and completely trust these select few.

Not to mention the bonus, try to go to vegas and get a decent size bet down, first they laugh and turn you away, and second you might get a buffet comp.

I would rather have a $1000 match play bet then a $40 buffet comp.

And finally, Mr. Slammer, please don't post when you don't know shit about what is going on. You just keep talking about the shrink and his drunk driving.

Comment

Like MK said,Vegas died like 3 years ago for sports. You'd probably have trouble getting a nickel down on a straight bet. Forget about a prop bet. Vegas sportsbetting is a complete joke these days.

Comment

why did vegas die.could someone please talk about this.what is the maximum they will take on a straight bet?

Comment

I think you can get a nickel down, but he's right, Las Vegas is dead for sportsbetting for all intents and purposes.

A couple of things caused the decline. For one, a few years ago, all the big shops threw out the phone accounts, basically cutting off the wiseguys.

Throw into the mix the fact that the offshore industry was growing with leaps and bounds, and you have a recipe for death.

Add in new laws making it harder and harder to place a sizeable wager, and you all but kill the Vegas scene.

Back in the 80's it was like the wild west. There were real bookmakers running the show, and every wiseguy in the world had his guys running around town making bets.

But now, they can get more down offshore, and don't have to be in vegas to do it. They can operate from practically anywhere in the world.

Sure, for the tourist or recreational player, betting in vegas is still alive. But barely.

Comment

DONT FORGET TO MENTION THE I.D.CHECK AND I.R.S.REPORTING PAPER WORK...

Comment

Working...
                          X