Carib settles dispute in players favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle,

you are correct. Actuality obviously has a bone to pick with MLS that has nothing to do with this particular problem.

But my point to you was that I don't think anyone is just blindly backing the book in this case, and certainly their comments are welcome either way.

Comment

Jeff,

Agreed. I wasn't up to speed with the actuality/mls relationship.

-Eagle

Comment

JEFF,

MY POINT BEING MLS IS TWO FACED AND HAS TRIED THIS LAME APPROACH BEFORE IN HAS ATTEMPT TO GET WHAT HE WANTS.

HIS THREAD TITTLE SAYS IT ALL:

Topic: Stiffed by CARIB ... or not?

BY MENTIONING STIFFED AND A QUALITY BOOK LIKE CARIB IN THE SAME BREATH IS TOTALLY WITHOUT MERIT AND A BLATANT ATTEMPT AT CYBER BLACKMAIL...

Comment

I do agree that the headline/title of the post is unfair. "Dispute" with Carib would have been more appropriate.

Comment

Gee, it is tuff to figure out who this "unregistered" "Actuality" really is ...

I once had a flame war with a real nut posting under "Reality" (who also didn't know how to take the caps off ...)

But "Reality" gets his "one" vote. Can you at least turn off the caps though Reality/Actuality!

As for Spiro, he has since earned my respect. As a matter of fact, I am now one of his larger players. (The confidential information Reality revealed about Spiro was sorted out finally.)

Reality, you think Spiro has an ax to grind with me (like you)?

Well, if CARIB is willing I will agree to let Spiro rule on this "dispute." Or any other impartial reputable book owner chosen by Jeff of Bettorsworld ...

Comment

MLS,

SURELY YOU JEST.

SPIRO HAD NO USE FOR YOU THEN AND HE HAS NO USE FOR YOU NOW.

YOUR THREAT TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT AND TAKE YOUR ALLEDGED "12 PLAYERS" WITH YOU IS STILL CAUSE FOR A CHUCKLE BETWEEN SPIRO AND MYSELF.

THIS TELLS YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MLS.

MLS TRIED TO GET SPIRO TO THROW HIS FRIENDSHIP WITH REALITY UNDER THE BUS BY CLAIMING REALITY BREACHED SOME "CONFIDENTIALITY" AND LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG AND THUS MLS ATTEMPTED TO START A RUMOR THAT OLYMPIC WAS IN SOME FINANCIAL TROUBLE.

SPIRO POSTED THAT ANYONE WHO WANTED THEIR MONEY IT WAS THEIRS FOR THE ASKING.

MLS WANTED SPIRO TO THROW REALITY UNDER THE BUS AND KNOW TRUE TO FORM HE WANTS SPIRO TO THROW CARIB UNDER THE BUS.

ONLY ONE WORD COMES TO MIND.

PATHETIC...

P.S.

I DO KNOW REALITY AND HE ASKED ME NOT TO POST AS REALITY HENCE ACTUALITY.

I SAID I WOULD POST IN CAPS AS A TRIBUTE.

HE SAID HE WAS HONORED.

Comment

OK Reality ... whatever you say ...

Now back to CARIB and Jeff on my mediation offer ...

Comment

reshillity becomes actshillity. the anti-player.
                  bridge for sale - brooklyn ny - please contact me for details

Comment

I think the right thing to do would be to honor the bet. But also I have one question. If they changed the rule to a higher payout without telling you, would you tell them to deduct the extra winnings from your account?

Comment

MESSAGE FROM REALITY:

EGG NOG BECOMES EGG HEAD THE IDIOT...

Comment

brink ...

No, because "both" of us would have agreed to that "retroactive change."

Like any contract, which a wager is, it can be changed at anytime if "both" parties agree.

Here I did not agree ...

The situation is no different than if I bet $110,000 on the Rams -10.

Assume the Rams win the Super Bowl by 35 ...

Can CARIB change their rules/payoffs "at any time" as some here argue?

Could they say, if I won the Rams bet, "Sorry sir, Vegas set a ridiculous line and we changed our rules last night to allow voiding all bets on any Vegas line which we decide (after the game) was ridiculous ... we will, of course, be glad to refund your bet?"

Comment

This is a case of no winners.

Does a book have the right to change the payoff? Absolutely. Especially on a bet that they were getting the worst of.

Should Carib have made it more clear on their site? Yes.

The book made a decision and they are standing by that decision.

The player feels he was wronged.

Nothing will change on either side.

A few things to point out though.........

Whether or not it would have made a difference, I don't know, but I think the dispute was handled wrong.

I received an email from MLS explaining the situation and asking us to check it out, before having it posted in the forums.

By the time I finished reading the email, the post was already in the forum.

I'd suggest players go about it in a different manner in the future.

Don't threaten books with "going to the forums" if they don't resolve a dispute in your favor.

If you have a dispute with a book, don't get into a pissing match with them. Accept what they tell you, and then simply contact us.

Books have been known to settle disputes in the players favor EVEN THOUGH they felt they were 100% in the right.

If you go that route, and can't resolve it, then by all means, express your dissatisfaction.

But give it a chance first.

Comment

CARIB just called and informed me that I would be paid.

Thanks for everyone's opinion and thoughts.

Comment

I'm glad it turned out well. Best for both parties....

Comment

That's the Carib I remember.

As always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Working...
                                X