Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brink makes a good point.

I DID have the mets yesterday.

Trailing 6-5 in the bottom of the ninth......

Where's twinkle toes when you need him?

Just kidding Mike : )

Comment

20% of all NewYorkCity is gay

Comment

That means 80% are NOT gay. Does gay include bisexual? Or is that an entirely different percentage?

Comment

You can't tell the players w/o a scorecard...

It depends on who's doing the counting...social scientists have argued about the % of homosexuals in the general population for years. Depending on the agenda of the organization making the count and their methodology, the percentage they come up with is all over the map. I've heard as low as 3% to as high as 20%. Groups like gay rights organizations want the number to be as high as possible (to show the omnipresence of gays) and conservative Christian groups want the number to be as low as possible (to make it seem more "deviant").

Another problem is that most of this type of research relies on self-identification. In other words, its up to the individual to 'fess up if he's gay or not. There's very likely a large number of gays who don't say they are due to fear of losing their job or whatever. And then there's the whole issue of bisexuals--their numbers might be relevant depending on what the research is trying to prove. If its a group trying to determine the risk of AIDS transmission, bisexuals are certainly relevant.

Having said all of that, I'd be willing to guess that NYC has a much higher % of gays than the national average. They no doubt have the largest (or second largest) gay population in terms of number (maybe behind San Fran?), and probably have a higher than average percentage despite the huge population. Atlanta is probably number 3.....I don't know if there *is* a straight person living in midtown ATL.

JRM
          THE PROPHET
          www.netprophetsports.com

Originally posted by Railbird
          20% of all NewYorkCity is gay
          Affordable, successful and honest handicapping of all major sports and most minor sports.

www.netprophetsports.com

Comment

IT'S FUNNY THAT PIAZZA IS A HERSHEY HIGHWAYMAN BECAUSE HE IS FROM PENNSYLVANIA AND THAT'S WHERE HERSHEY IS

Comment

Working...
            X