No announcement yet.

Nice game there Rex!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even before the the nfc/afc championship game began I believe I remember a few of you guys stating how the afc would destroy the nfc. After seeing all of your picks going into the Superbowl I just couldnt figure out why the change of heart. Did the 7 points cloud that many peoples judgment?
    jpehl

Comment

I think I predicted San Diego 24 Chicago 20 about 8 or 9 weeks ago. Of course that was back when we still thought Chicago had a great defense. Regardless, I think I would have had a hard time picking any AFC team by 7 over the Bears....even if it had been my Chargers.

Comment

Again, the play that stuck out for me was the interception with 11 mins to go. Granted, they were getting out played, but only down by five. They come up with a big pass play on a 3rd and long which gives them a first down around midfield.

What better time to run the ball. Get a drive going. Kill some clock. Punch it into the endzone with 5 or 6 minutes to go and hope the defense can come up big.

But Rex throws a jump ball on first down, and game over.

The play calling was terrible. The coordinators had two weeks to take a look at the Colts defense, (which is fairly simply and only has two looks) and find some plays that worked on them this year. After all, plenty of teams scored a bunch on them this year and ran the ball like crazy.

The couldn't get anything going on offense which just gave Manning more time on the field. The way to beat the Colts is to win the time of possession game. Just ask the Cowboys.

If Grossman were a QB that had the ability to scramble, pick up a few yards himself (like Garcia) and make some things happen as a result, then who knows.

Comment

Working...
        X