No announcement yet.

BOONE MOONE-NFL PLAYOFFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When your team can (i) run the ball and (ii) rush the passer, amazing things can happen on a football field.

My commendations to the Chargers and the Giants - both as significant underdogs - for providing us with 2 terrific Conference Championship games today.

IMO, if healthy, each of these four teams (SD, GB, NY & NE) were deserving of a trip to the Super Bowl, this year, for unique reasons.

A very special year, thus far, in the storied history of the National Football League.

Comment

San Diego played a hell of a game...especially on defense. But once again some bonehead QB play and some boneheaded play calling cost them a chance at the outright win. Rivers will amaze one moment and then totally baffle the next. Two passes with no immediate danger thrown way before the receiver could even think about the ball coming his way. Virtually every 1st down play was a run. You think they'd try and mix it up occasionally to keep the other team off guard? Nah! Four FG's. You think at some point they'd say, 'hey...these FG's aren't going to beat these Pats...let's go for the 1st down and try and get 7?"...nah! You think with only 9 min left in the 4th Q and down 2 scores they might take a chance and go for it on 4th down at the Pat 40?....nah! Let's just kick it to them and hope, not only that we can get the ball back twice more but that we can also score twice.
      I mean I give them all the credit in the world for making it this far after their bad start but hey....this is it.....you either win and go to the SB or you go home! Pull out the stops and go for it! Jeez-la-freakin-weez!

Comment

In the other game, it's hard to believe that Favre could throw so many ill-advised passes in such a big game. It wasn't like they were down a bunch and had to take chances. You'd think with his experience he'd be a little more composed. I think he knew this might be his last chance and it got to him. Also, believe it or not I think the weather got to him. Time to hang it up partner. BTW...not bitching because I lost, because I didn't. Just making observations.

Comment

Very nicely put on both fronts Dragonman...........I thought the Chargers played one hell of a game all things considered, but they have nothing to be ashamed of - having lost to one of the best teams in the history of the NFL........I also couldn't understand some of the strategy used (or lack of it) late in the game either.........but again, no LT, Antonio Gates at about 40% stregnth and Rivers hobbling, hey they did great to get to where they did.

As for the other game, to me it was one of the best NFL games I've ever seen........Head-to-head, smash-mouth, in-the-trenches, slugfest (literally between Plaxico Buress and Al Harris) throughout the entire game...........It was one of those games that you really didn't want to see anyone lose, especially the Old Man Favre.........I sincerely think that at his age, the Green Bay weather actually worked against him.......Did you see his face during the second half?.......It looked like a giant plum -- it was so purple and frostbitten........And of course it didn't help that the Giants ball control offense forced long lapses between playing chances for Favre and the rest of the Green Bay team, keeping them from acquiring any kind of rythym, or at least the chance to stay warmed up.........The body just doesn't respond as well in these elements, and I believe this was the biggest factor late in the game...............Now if we could just get the Super Bowl to play out as nicely and competitive, well that would be really special........but I wouldn't count on it...............Good Luck.
          ;)

Comment

Boone - you laying the points with with the Pats??

I am still ill over my 'Boys...seing the GMEN in the show makes me want to vomit....i have had several sleepless nights the last couple of weeks over that one

without overthinking things....Pats have looked vulnerable lately and Brady throws 3 picks Sunday and is walking around in a boot on monday.....Pats have ALWAYS played these big games tight (3 SuperBowl wins by 3 pts apiece) and i just dont see things changing....

i am not saying GMEN win here - but i am saying that with a fluke play and some luck - they could do it....which is how i felt about my boys had they made the show....knew that 8 times out of ten they would lose but that's why they play the game....

anyways - i am seeing a tight game here and i think i take the points....no doubt the Pats CAN cover - i just see them giving up the backdoor cover or just a simple drop or two away from covering....actually - i see it playing out simialr to the Jax playoff game....Pats win by 10 or so.....no doubt they could win by 30 but i see them playing it close...a 24-17 type game

CF2

Comment

I feel for you Cowboy...........I don't even think any of the New York Giants thought they'd make it this far...........As for me, I'm laying the points here, simply because I believe the Pats have been saving it all up for this game, and now that nobody thinks they'll cover the spread, they'll probably blow the Giants out.......real bad -- just to show everybody that they truly are the best team of all time..........It would be soooooo Bellichick.
              ;)

Comment

Originally posted by khandor
                When your team can (i) run the ball and (ii) rush the passer, amazing things can happen on a football field.

My commendations to the Chargers and the Giants - both as significant underdogs - for providing us with 2 terrific Conference Championship games today.

IMO, if healthy, each of these four teams (SD, GB, NY & NE) were deserving of a trip to the Super Bowl, this year, for unique reasons.

A very special year, thus far, in the storied history of the National Football League.
                ... ditto

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyfan2
                  Boone - you laying the points with with the Pats??

I am still ill over my 'Boys...seing the GMEN in the show makes me want to vomit....i have had several sleepless nights the last couple of weeks over that one

without overthinking things....Pats have looked vulnerable lately and Brady throws 3 picks Sunday and is walking around in a boot on monday.....Pats have ALWAYS played these big games tight (3 SuperBowl wins by 3 pts apiece) and i just dont see things changing....

i am not saying GMEN win here - but i am saying that with a fluke play and some luck - they could do it....
                  which is how i felt about my boys had they made the show....knew that 8 times out of ten they would lose but that's why they play the game....

anyways - i am seeing a tight game here and i think i take the points....no doubt the Pats CAN cover - i just see them giving up the backdoor cover or just a simple drop or two away from covering....actually - i see it playing out simialr to the Jax playoff game....Pats win by 10 or so.....no doubt they could win by 30 but i see them playing it close...a 24-17 type game

CF2
                  Crucial plays that went the Giants way:

1. Ahmad Bradshaw's 'fumble recovery' ... instead of a created turnover for New England.
                  2. Ahmad Bradshaw's 'batted ball' ... instead of a created turnover for New England.
                  3. Asante Samuel's 'failed interception' attempt, that went right through his two hands, on the game-winning drive.
                  4. Eli Manning's 'miracle sack escape', on the game-winning drive.
                  5. David Tyree's 'miracle catch' ... holding on to the ball with one hand only, squeezed against the top of his helmut - despite a 'valiant effort' by Rodney Harrison to break-up the pivotal play - on the game-winning drive.

What a terrific ballgame!

Comment

a great game for sure....

it makes it even tougher for me to swallow...thinking of what could have been for us Dallas fans...

but i was cheering for the Giants...not that the '72 Fins act isn't getting really tired but do I really want to see Seau, Bruschi, Harrison, Moss mugging for the camera for the next 30 years talking about 19-0??? hell no!!!

i'm happy with the lesser of 2 evils and i cant wait for the draft

CF2

Comment

Real busy with the tax thing at the moment but I must admit it was one of the toughest football seasons I've encountered lately...........Almost as if the football gods were peeking over my shoulder the whole time.............Especially during the post season.........I'll get back on track real soon with some basketball gimmies.........It will be like old times once again.......Been real nice keeping in touch..........Talk to you soon.
                      ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X