NBA Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping back in...

I parlayed Detroit on the money line and the under. Using a tennis adage, the best time to break serve is after being broken and I think the Celtics will give a strong effort after losing at home. However, I think ultimately the pistons take this game but 5 will be tough to cover.

Good luck.

Comment

How do you get a shot clock violation on the last possession of the half. Shoot the fucking ball!!! Geez la-fucking-weez

Comment

The comment above was aimed at the Pistons who screwed up the last possession of the 1st half last night but still went on to cover. Wasn't confident enough to post but at the last possible second (20:39 ET) put a small bet on Detroit and OV.

Comment

Game 5 - Lakers/Spurs

San Antonio +8 @ L.A. Lakers - Like the Spurs and the pts with their backs against the wall. Not saying they'll win necessarily but at least come out and play a very tough game. You know they aren't going out without a fight. Similar times with their backs against the wall, down 3-2 to the Hornets and then again tied 3-3, they came up big.

Comment

Why even shoot the ball with .7 sec left and the game won? What an asshole God damn fureigners

Comment

Stupid push last night due to a senseless shot with under a second left

OK, easy one tonite. Game 6 with Boston leading 3-2. The Pistons back home facing elimination and only 5 pts ... and they are not happy campers.
              Detroit -5

Comment

Wow....to say I'm shocked would be an understatement. Leading by 8 going into the 4th Q, at home and facing elimination you lay a turd, the size of which would be worthy of Ripley's Believe It or Not, and get outscored by 16 friggin' pts in the 4th. How lame can you get

Comment

OK....finals time. I picked Detroit/Lakers but I guess we've got Boston/Lakers, which probably suits the networks. I still like the Lakers to win it all.

The Lakers were good without Pau Gasol, but they were great with him. Before his acquisition they were 30-16. In the games he played in after he was added to the lineup they went 27-4. Boston beat the Lakers in both meetings during the regular season by double-digits, but Gasol was not yet a Laker. Boston only lost 6 home games all year, and only once in 11 tries during the playoffs yet they are only 2.5 pt favorites in this game. The Lakers are 12-3 in the playoffs and are 4-3 on the road. Of their 3 road losses one was by 5 and literally went down to the last seconds and one was in OT, so there has only been one game out of 15 that the Lakers weren't in until the end.
                  I like the Lakers +2.5

Comment

Looking at the game tonight, I am leaning towards the Celtics but like the under 191.5 especially.

The lakers have had a pretty ez time in the playoffs and think this is the first time they are playing a team as good as they are. Kobe will score and Gasol and Odom will contribute but I think the rest of the Lakers will struggle in this first game.

I think a big key for the celts will be there offensive reboundinng and the Lakers will need to toughen up their board work before getting a win in the series.

Good luck.

Swi

Comment

Good luck to you too!

I waited until today and was able to get the Lakers +3.

As for your under, the opening line was 196 so it looks like a lot of people jumped on the under already.

Comment

Lakers up by 5 at the half. HT line is Bos -3! It looks like the oddsmakers are conceding the game! Can I get paid now then?

Comment

Lakers/Celtics game 2

For the lakers to win 2nite, i think 2 things need to happen. First, Kobe needs to shoot better which everyone seems to concede is gonna happen. 2ndly, they need to get the pace going faster which i think is not going to be as easy.

For the celtics, they need to control the boards and keep Kobe from going berserk. i think they will control the boards overall but i think Kobe will shoot a higher percentage.

The key to me in this game is the Gasol-garnett matchup. Garnett can't be stopped by Gasol on the perimeter. The lakers will need to decide if they are going to double team him and let the Celts shoot 3's or let Garnett take advantage of the matchup.

My best guess is that Garnett is the star 2nite and not Kobe and the Celts heat it up from 3 and win the game outright. i think the game will go over in the first half and slow down quite a bit in the 2nd half but sneak over the total for the game as well.

good luck

Swicat

Comment

Well you got the double outcome correct which is what counts. Both teams shot lights out overall, but that Laker 4th Q (where they got 2 Q's worth of pts) made up for 3 poorer Q's and if you look at the final stats they are all pretty even. If you hadn't seen the game or box score and just looked at the stats and final score, you would probably guess it was a close game throughout. That was close to a major collapse by the Celtics though in that last 8 minutes. I guess they used up all their energy in the 1st 40 minutes.....and then the Lakers couldn't miss! Certainly they didn't think they had it won leading by a whopping 24 with only 8 min left I bet some Celtic fans (and bettors) were shittin' some bricks when it got to 104-102 with over 30 secs left. I wonder how many were standing in line already to get their tickets cashed.
                            I know I fully expected them to blow it considering I had a small straight bet and a parlay depending on them......especially having already witnessed the way my Angels lost to the A's (grand slam in the 12th) and my Mets lost to the Pads (grand slam in the bottom of the 8th)....this would have been like a third grand slam to beat me in one day

Anyway, great calls on both games my man.

Comment

I have to say i was loving the lakers scoring machine in that 4th quarter. I got unlucky with the first half over losing by the hook but the 2nd half was good to me.

Lot of wood for the Lakers to cover in game 3. Will have to think that over.

Swicat

Comment

Yes, at first glance that 9.5 seems ridiculous...but the Celtics are up 2 zip and they can 'afford' to lose one....and know they most likely will lose one in LA anyway. The Lakers are in a must win situation. I think they cover this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X