Grindin it out Baseball Picks and Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday--

Ryan Zaun/Braun alomost ruined the dodgers play! I was on them too!

Angels -110 over Rays...better team especially with Rays injuries.

Astros +180 over Brewers..sabathia must have a bad game sometime?

UNDER 8 Minny/Oakland...See a duel in the dome!

Seattle +1.5 (+100) over White Sox

Comment

Recap of Saturday - Well I was due for one of those. Missed both straight bets and both parlays. I took Sunday and Monday off.

Tuesday, Aug 19

2-team parlay
      Dodgers -148 vs Rockies - (Kuroda 7-8, 3.88 vs Jimenez 8-11, 3.94) Kuroda is going through another superb stretch having given up just a single run in each of his last 3 starts totaling 22.1 innings. He has had 17 SO's and just 2 walks over that 3 game period, and has given up just 14 hits. The Dodgers are 6-1 on their current home stand and 13-4 in their last 17 home games. Jiminez, after a pretty good stretch of outings, has had losses in his last 2 starts in which he has given up 10 runs on 19 hits, with 8 walks, in just 11 innings.
      Cubs RL -1.5 -145 vs Reds - (Harden 2-1, 1.80 vs Cueto 8-11, 4.90) The Cubs are 16-4 overall in their last 20 games. They have scored 6 runs or more in 14 of those games, and have scored 8 or more runs 9 times. The Reds are 4-17 in their last 21 games and have been held to 3 runs or less in 13 of those games. Harden has given up 2 runs or less in 16 of his 19 starts. In his 6 starts with the Cubs, he has given up a total of just 8 runs, and has given up 1 run or less in 5 of those starts. Cubs roll in this one.

Comment

Tuesday--

Pirates +200 over Cards

Cubs/twins parlay

Astros +205 over Brewers

Marlins -145 over Giants...tired Sf team and a fla team that needs t keep pace.

Taking a shotat some of these dogs. favs prices are outrageous!

Comment

Great day for woodie!

I just played the one parlay and lost going 1-1 on it.

Wednesday - August 20

straight bet
          Baltimore +118 vs Boston - (Waters 1-0, 4.32 vs Buchholz 2-8, 6.35) - Baltimore catches a break today, after having to face Matsuzaka and Lester, as they now get Clay Buchholz. The Red Sox are just 1-8 in his 9 road starts this year, where he is pitching to a 8.18 ERA and allowing opposing hitters a .330 average. This will just be Water's 4th start, but the O's are 2-1 in his first 3 starts so far. More a play against Buchholz here than anything.

2-team parlay
          Tampa Bay -114 vs L.A. Angels - (Garza 10-7, 3.63 vs Weaver 10-9, 4.47) - The Angels are in a mini-slump having gone just 1-4 on their current road trip. In the 5 games they've scored just 15 runs total. After winning the first 2 games of this series, Tampa Bay is now 6-2 vs the Angels on the year, including 5-0 at Tropicana Field. The Rays are currently tied for the best record in MLB at 77-48, thanks to an incredible 47-17 home mark. They are 16-4 in their last 20 games overall. Garza is pitching to a 2.47 ERA in 11 home starts, where he is limiting opposing hitters to a .225 batting average. In those 11 home starts, totaling 69.1 innings, he has only given up 2 HR's. The Angels are 5-8 in Weaver's 13 road starts where he is pitching to a 4.86 ERA, but they are just 1-4 in his last 5 road starts.
          Cubs RL -1.5 -130 vs Reds - (Lilly 12-6, 4.32 vs Arroyo 10-10, 5.51) - Going to go with the Cubs RL again. Arroyo has a 7.47 ERA this year over 12 road starts, where opposing hitters are batting .340 against him. In 59 innings he has given up 53 runs on 87 hits, including 14 dingers. The Cubs have won in Lilly's last 5 starts in a row, out-scoring opponents 35-20 in those games. The Cubs are 17-4 overall in their last 21 games. They have scored 6 runs or more in 14 of those games, and have scored 8 or more runs 9 times. The Reds are 4-18 in their last 22 games and have been held to 3 runs or less in 14 of those games. The Cubs blanked the Reds yesterday 5-0.

2-team parlay
          San Diego @ Arizona UN 7 - (Peavy 9-8, 2.61 vs Haren 13-6, 2.96) - These two pitchers have had good success vs their opponents tonight. In 3 starts vs the Padres this year Haren has given up just 5 runs total over 21 innings, with 16 K's, and limited them to a .224 batting average. Peavey has faced the D'Backs twice, limiting them to just 2 runs total over 14 innings, with 15 K,s, and a .146 batting average.
          Colorado @ Dodgers OV 7.5 -115 - (Francis 3-8, 5.74 vs Billingsley 12-9, 3.10) - The average runs scored against the Rockies in Francis' 9 road starts is 5.5. He has had 2 good games in L.A. this year, but not against the current version Dodgers. The Rockies are averaging 8 runs per game on their current road trip to go 4-0. The total has exceeded this figure of 7.5 in 12 of the Rockie's last 14 games, as well as in Francis' last 4 starts. And in 10 of the Dodger's last 15, as well as in Billingsley's last 3 starts.

Comment

Playinh both your totals as straight plays. Like them both!

Plus

Florida +105 over SF...I see the marlins getting hot starting with a lame duck Giant team.

Comment

Took some time off from posting the bases as I went and watched soe Cardinal baseball over the weekend. It was fun watching them score 18 on Friday night!

On a side note...How lazy is Jeff Kent? He is a piece of crap and hopefully no kids are watching him play.

Comment

Tuesday Bases

Parlay--

Angels/DBacks...Both off loss with top dogs on the mound. I am pretty sure LA got a talkin-to last night after all their bloopers on the base paths and being unfocused. Webb goes for #20 tonight.

Brewers -105 over Cards...This is where the cards fall out of the race. Its been fun but i think Milwaukee takes 2 of 3 and leaves the cards in the dust. just not feeling it right now. Pujouls is starting to hit but i think MIL is smart enough not to let him beat them.

Comment

1-1 as webb got beat and the brewers rolled.

Wednesday--

Yanks -120 over Sox

Pirates +160 over Cubs

Orioles +169 over W Sox

Dodgers -1.5 over wash

Twins/DBacks parlay

Comment

Weird play of the day--

ML Parlay

La Dodgers -170
                    So Carolina (football) -750 (pk)

Comment