NFL Week 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Week 15

Baltimore -2.5 vs Pittsburgh - The Ravens (9-4) are 5-1 at home with the only loss coming in Week 5 against Tennessee by a score of 13-10. Baltimore held the Titans to just 210 total yds and 14 FD's, they held Chris Johnson/LenDale White to a combined 48 yds and 0 TD's, and led 10-3 going into the 4th Q. Baltimore had 22 FD's, rushed for 132 yds and held a 9 minute edge in time-of-possession, but allowed the 80 yd winning drive with 2 minutes left. Baltimore really out-played Pittsburgh in the 1st match-up, but lost 23-20 in OT. The Ravens led 13-3 at HT but a fumble recovery that Pittsburgh returned for a TD late in the 3rd Q was the difference.
    In the Ravens 6 home games this year:
    1) They have not given up more than 254 total yds of offense in any game, and 4 of the 6 opponents have been held under 210 total yds.
    2) They haven't given up more than 80 yds rushing in any game, and an average of just 63.5 yds per game.
    3) They haven't given up more than 13 pts, and 5 of the 6 opponents have been held to 10 pts or under.
    4) They have only given up 4 offensive TD's total.
    5) They haven't given up a single rushing TD.
    6) They have given up an average of just 11.5 FD's per game, and not more than 14 in any one game.
    7) Have averaged +9.6 minutes per game in time-of-possesion, and +10.5 more plays per game than their opponents.
    8) They are 5-1 at home, with every win by at least a TD, and 4 of the 5 wins have been by 2 TD's or more.
    9) They are +7 in TO's and have 13 INT's.
    Plus, in the last 5 meetings with Pittsburgh in Baltimore, the Ravens are 5-0 SU.
    Other games I like:
    Kansas City +6 vs San Diego - Kansas City is 9-2 SU the last 11 games between these two teams when played at Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs are 20-4 SU in December home games since 1995. And in divisional home games in December, they are 14-2 SU in the last 16 games, and 9-1 SU in the last 10 games. This is obviously a very tough place to play football for the visiting team. San Diego won 5 weeks ago in San Diego 20-19 and are lucky they didn't lose. Thigpen was 27 of 41 for 266 yds and 3 TD's with no INT's. And the Chiefs did not have RB Larry Johnson in that game. TE Tony Gonzalez, who always plays the Chargers tough, caught 10 passes for 113 yds and 2 TD's. It is supposed to be very windy which could hold the scoring down.
    Also like,
    Arizona -3 - Tavaris Jackson vs Kurt Warner...I'll take Warner.
    Seattle -2.5 - St Louis giving up an average of 30 pts per game and have scored 19 pts or less in 12 of their 13 games.
    Tennessee -3 - Huh? I don't think the Titans are resting anyone just yet.
    NYG +3 - Dallas is not a "team", NYG's are and should bounce back. Including last year's playoffs, the Giants are 15-1 SU their last 16 games away from the Meadowlands, and they are 2-0 SU as road dogs this year.

Man every where i look no one is giving Pitt a chance. I agree but damn.
    Looking at the dallas under as well. Everything else I like... I dont have a play on SD. You know alot more than i do about SD. Be careful with the NYG DAL game... Dont let ESPN trap you with their soaps. No Jacobs and Plax... Those are the two who always kill us in D... Looking for a hungry Dallas team this week. Either way it should be good. Looking forward to watching the Ravens. Damn I was impressed by their D last week. I literally was scared for the QB sitting on the couch. Im going out on a limb and going to say they win it all. Be back later with plays

Comment

I love this Baltimore team and I've ridden them the last few weeks. And I see those great numbers in dragon's post above. But this is the Pittsburgh Steelers coming into Baltimore. 3 of the teams the Ravens built those numbers on at home were the Bungals, the Browns and the Raiders! The other 3 were good teams but not exactly offensive juggernauts - Tenny, Philly and Washington.

Not that I expect Pittsburgh to score that much but this game is a no play for me because I can't see the Ravens scoring much against Pittsburgh's D either.

This game is going to hinge on a turnover or two created by one of there tough, ball-hawking, blitzing defenses. I just don't see how you can predict which one. Unless you just go with the home team less than a FG, which I admit is one of my favorite formulas.

But one could also make a case that Pitt has a Super Bowl QB and some very good receivers and the Ravens have a rookie QB and no real play makers on offense. Edge Steelers if Big Ben doesn't get sloppy.

GL

Comment

I hate every game this week.... So the more i look at it the worst things look....
        Balt-3
        Dallas-3
        Arizona -3
        ATL -3 would have been best bet on game of the week
        Dallas under 45.5
        I hope i go 0-5

Comment

Good Luck today guys...........These are the toughest and tightest lines I've seen all season.........I'm so into my Fantasy Leagues right now that I never really got down to brass tacks with this week's games, but for me, I think it's the right week to lay low............I do like a play for tomorrow night though, and I'll post it on the MNF thread...........Go get 'em boys !!!!
          ;)

Comment

You should feel fortunate im about to lay an egg

Comment

Niners+6.5
              Miami can't seam to blow anyone away, and Niners playing really well on D.

Oakland +7
              waiting for the movement or will buy the hook closer to gametime.

Raiders had an extra 3 days to prepare for NE since they played on a thursday, they got embarrassed so they should give better effor there, since 1986 they have NEVER lost to the Pats at home by more than 7.NE is 1-7 ATS against teams with a losing record, 3-13 ATS after a SU Win. B2B on the coast not good for the Pats.

Oakland has played well against this division, Beat the Jets, lost to miami by 2 and had buffalo, but lost by 1.

Everyone is on the Pats and after what they did in Seattle, why?

Denver +9
              Carolina just played an emotional game on Monday taking over first place. maybe flat for a nonconference opp.
              Denver seems to be playing better on the road lately

Titans -3
              Houston has won 3 in a row against week competition, Titans need a win and Pitt loss for home field.Titans could be looking past Houston with Pitt up next.

Giants+3 NY almost there to secure Home field and what better way to get it than beat a division opp especially after playing like crap last week.

Steelers +3
              Not sure if I will play this one, but matching up scores vs same opp. Steelers played better or atleastthe scores idicate that. This is for the Division, if Pitt wins and they own the division foes. there almost secure the division being up 2 games and have the tie breaker over Balt.

Minn+3 1/2 AZ clinched division with a blow out win last week. probally not much hope for first round bye so what are they playing for?. Minny needs this win badly for playoff hopes.
              good luck

Comment

My plays for sunday are:

Jets pk/SF +13 7 point teasse

Wash/Cinnci OVER 36

KC +6 over SD

Carolina -9 over Denver...Think car ground game will shread thru dnever's d all day.

Detroit +17 over Indy and Detroit +1100 ML play-Worth a shot isn't it!

Comment

DID anyone see the end of the houston/tenn game?

Tenn. down by 1, with about 2 minutes remaining. has about a 49 yard field goal attempt. They decide to go for it and fail on the pass turning it over on downs. why not kick it, Bironas was 4 for 4 on the day and that was well within his range.
                  OKAY Fischer how much did you get paid to lose that game?
                  good luck

Comment

I heard them say that both teams were avoiding field goals due to the wind. I would say it was pretty stupid except Fischer is pretty sound. Great weekend of football

Comment

With one of the best defenses in the NFL, if not the best. And with Pittsburgh having one of the most shaky OL's in the NFL, and a QB prone to mistakes when pressured....and playing in your home stadium with the crowd going nuts, why do you rush only 3 guys for the entire last Steeler drive and let them poke away all the way to the end zone? Please, will someone answer that for me? I was literally screaming at the TV. What the fuck were they thinking?

Comment

Well, I got the 1st seed and a 1st round bye in my money Fantasy Football league. Last week was the bye, so this week I'm 54 pts ahead and all my players are done. My opponent has DeSean Jackson and David Akers tomorrow. And tonight he's got the NY Giants 'D'. I really want to bet on the Giants, but I want the Giant 'D' to lay an egg. I hate this shit.

Comment

Anybody disagree with the pitt touchdown?

Comment

That shit head better not sit this game out

Comment

Man i feel the refs stuck it to me again in the Baltimore game.

Comment

Working...
                              X