Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 College Football Game of the Week..................Week 12 (last)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xbigpappa View Post
    DAym Woodee, I did not think U would take the "punk" way out and bite off of laxsfo 2 lock in ur WIN. A REAL MAN would have Kept it REAL and NOT sold out 4 the $1000.00! LOL
    $1000 bucks is a $1000 bucks..........nice job and a great season anyway you slice it.

Comment

CINCINNATI

Comment

Well played Woodee... Anybody with any sense would have done the same!!!:appl:

Comment

Michigan

Comment

MARYLAND

Comment

South Florida +11 1/2

Comment

ncstate

Comment

Last picks are supposed to be emailed in to avoid such a thing. Posting picks is great, until the last week or so.

Otherwise, these guys would have to wait until the last second and play a game of chicken with each other.

It's not right. The ONLY way to do this fairly is for those in contention to email the last week or two in.

Comment

We've always emailed in the last week or two of the NFL Contest. I expect and hope we will do the same again this year to avoid this sort of thing.

Comment

Guys-
                      I went back and forth on what to do.

I do not like to back in this wayand honestly I thought about it a lot, but I said before hand if, Lax has one of my top 3 picks, I would match him and secure my 1st place finish. Cal happened to be in my top 3 with Penn State and Wiscy.

Since I am on a huge losing streak, I have zero confindence at the moment and cannot pass up the 1st place money here.

If you are a golfer, its kind of like match play at this point. Have to make the smart play.

And if you were in my shoes and could win by staying within the rules, would you have done it? I think most here would have as $1000 is $1000.

Plus 11 wins is not too shaby either and if I would have lost one more, it would have been a different story. I suck at totals too, and know I would have lost a tie-breaker.

So I hope you understand Lax...Its just business and all about the cash (I have my first new little mouth to feed and diper at my house as of 11/11 so the extra cash comes in handy and it will get me some brownie points with the wife!.)

But on a side play between us LAX for fun, lets say my back up play is Penn State +1.5.

Comment

I response to widestrides, I agree, but its not stated in the rules so I had to take the free shot with the chicken play. Loophole, or chicken-shit play, probably, but...

With the current rules, what would have you done?

Comment

woodee,

No problem. I understand.

If I were running the contest, I would have called for emails. If I were laxsfo, I would have called for emails. Now if there were someone else in the running, they could have kept it interesting by taking Washington!

Comment

Yep...Probably should put in the rules for next time around just to have it stiplualted before hand. I am sure the gambling gods will strike me down worse than they already are right now for being a wuss!!

Anyway, good luck today guys. No hard feeling hopefully on it.

Comment

Heck, woodee, you'd be stupid not to do it. Especially with the big difference in prize money between 1st and 2nd place this year.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                                Guys-
                                I went back and forth on what to do.

I do not like to back in this wayand honestly I thought about it a lot, but I said before hand if, Lax has one of my top 3 picks, I would match him and secure my 1st place finish. Cal happened to be in my top 3 with Penn State and Wiscy.

Since I am on a huge losing streak, I have zero confindence at the moment and cannot pass up the 1st place money here.

If you are a golfer, its kind of like match play at this point. Have to make the smart play.

And if you were in my shoes and could win by staying within the rules, would you have done it? I think most here would have as $1000 is $1000.

Plus 11 wins is not too shaby either and if I would have lost one more, it would have been a different story. I suck at totals too, and know I would have lost a tie-breaker.

So I hope you understand Lax...Its just business and all about the cash (I have my first new little mouth to feed and diper at my house as of 11/11 so the extra cash comes in handy and it will get me some brownie points with the wife!.)

But on a side play between us LAX for fun, lets say my back up play is Penn State +1.5.
                                It's only money! LOL

The 3 games that I focused on for this week were:

1) California -7
                                2) Michigan St - 1.5
                                3) South Carolina - 3

In the real world, I've played all 3 and have 2 legs of a 3 team teaser still alive (won leg 1 with the NY Jets on Turkey Day). Remaining 2 on the teaser are Cal -2 and BYU +15.

gl to all today!

laxsfo99

Comment

Working...
                                X