Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College upset of the week contest WEEK #1 POST THEM HERE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College upset of the week contest WEEK #1 POST THEM HERE!!

Easy guys, don't post until papa's lines come out next Thursday.. But this will be the thread to post them on.. Remember only one selection, a dog of +3 or more, all selections must be in by 11:00 Eastern Saturday, Sept. 3rd.. Looking forward to all of us having an exceptional year!! Hey, Let's knock this site out of the park!!!!

Ooops, Just remembered that papa considers the first week as week 0 to coincide with the NFL contest.. So this will be week 0.. good luck everybody!!

Comment

For some teams, week -0- will be all too accurate. Howard, Sacramento State,
      Tenn. Tech, Liberty, Chattanooga, Charleston Southern, Elon, Stony Brook and
      Cal Poly ??? Would like to see it, but have a feeling that App. State had that once
      every 10 year upset that is so fun to watch.
      These teams don't have that pedigree.
      Maybe Minn over USC? Not quite as dramatic, but still can't wait to get
      the games going.

Comment

+3 is not much of an upset. Should be +4 or more, no?

Baylor could be tough at home +6.5 vs TCU.
        Georgia getting +3.5 at home vs Bosie doesn't seem like such an upset.
        Maryland getting +5 at home vs crippled Miami?

GL

Comment

So these Puppies have to Win or just cover?
          good luck

Comment

any prizes

Comment

Originally posted by garister View Post
              So these Puppies have to Win or just cover?
              Garister, they must win straight up

Comment

Originally posted by 8550937 View Post
                any prizes
                The only prize is pride that you win here in this fun contest, but the biggest prize will be when you nail that dog bet.

We are seeking your best DOG +3 or more that can win straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
                  +3 is not much of an upset. Should be +4 or more, no?

Baylor could be tough at home +6.5 vs TCU.
                  Georgia getting +3.5 at home vs Bosie doesn't seem like such an upset.
                  Maryland getting +5 at home vs crippled Miami?

GL
                  gives us one pick there, out of your 3 I see Georgia

Comment

I'll go Maryland (+5) to win SU at home vs Miami.

GL

Comment

157 UCLA +3

Same scenario as against Bama in 00 and 01 and against the Vols in 08 and 09. A dog in all these past games, but came up a winner at home and away, as was the case last year against Houston and again likely this year.

Come the end of October and early November, offensive line will be decimated and 2nd and 3rd stringers will be “trying” to protect the QB. As has been the case for the past decade, QB will be running for his life and likely end up in the hospital. Some things never change. Perhaps nueweisal will be canned and another cheap hire will be made and mediocrity will continue.

laxsfo99

Comment

ucla

Comment

Northwestern will beat Boston College;...my best dog pick
                          South Carolina will run roughshod over East Carolina...my best favorite

Comment

Its an added games but most books have it...

Villanova +7 over Temple...Nova is good for an FCS team. This may be my fav play on the board.

Comment

Laxfo 99, I think that I am going to post my own lines for this contest and do it on Tuesday.. If we have a big line move for some reasons say(+10 to +2) for example, I will take that game off the board and ask that person to select another one. This contest is for fun and some guys posted before papa's lines came out so this week I am not going to penalize anyone for posting early..

I will have the lines out every Tuesday morning and remember to only pick one +3 or more dog, if you select more than one I will take your first selection only.. All selections must be made prior to 11:00 eastern every Saturday. I will allow any college selection on any day as long as it is made after I put out the lines. I think waiting for papa to put out the lines on Thursday takes away from a contest that is meant for fun. Of course if it were for money then I see the logic in waiting until Thursday. Thanks everyone that has posted so far, I hope everyone takes part in this. I truly believe valuable information can be gained from this site.... Thanx everyone for your support in this contest!! RR

Comment

Working...
                              X