No announcement yet.

2011 College Game of the Week...................Week 0 Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANYWAYS do we have a ruling for the late posters yet still havnt got the final word and were still not in standings so yeeeeaaaaaa

Comment

Wow...it took only one week to remember why I don't post here anymore. At least I didn't waste too much time.

Comment

@ Woodee, the rules for this year are FINAL, totals WILL B included, just like the NFL GAME of the Week. You have no tangible evidence that college total lines move drastically two days before the contest. If you read Rule 1 in week 0 you will see that I DID include totals! UR opinion on how I run the contest is just that, YOUR OPINION. IF you pic winners, you have no need to worry about whut others are doing!

Comment

@ FSU: The Rules have NOT changed 7 years, if you posted past the 11:00am deadline ur pic DOES NOT COUNT............PLEASE READ the RULES, they were POSTED for REVIEW ON AUG 3rd, a month before the contest started, I get tired of "babysitting" folk who CANT READ!

Comment

@ AZBOB: Nobody misses you dude. This contest had over 1200 hits last week. I remember when I started it in 2004 we had less that 200 hits per week, so EVIDENTLY something is being done right with it! YOU may not play but i suspect you lurk on the thread on Sat to see who the top cappers are ON!

Comment

Current hit count for Week 0 pics is NOW over 1700 hits, which makes it clearly one of the MOST reviewed threads, if not the MOST reviewed Thread @ the Bettorsworld Site this year..........so all you A-holes (Carpet/Assbob) that are trying to create the "illusion" that the contest is not managed well and not popular can KMA, the STATS dont LIE

Comment

week 2 pick-Wisconsin

Comment

@ Proxy1: U posting in the wrong Thread Pod-uh this is NOt week 1

Comment

@ Woodee: I finally figured out why ur soooooo pissed at the new rule changes. U won the contest last year by capitalizing on the "weak" lines I posted early in the week, as well as copying another players pics down the stretch to win the title......personally I think that was the PUNK WAY out, but u did play by the RULES...........NOW that the rules have changed and u cant pic soft lines, ur pissed! Dude suck it up and show US THIS YEAR if ur title last ur was FAKE or REAL!

Comment

I am done bickering with the one bad apple we have here, and won't even give the satisfaction of a response.

I am fine with the rule change on the totals and apologize for not seeing that thread where you were thinking about changing it. I should have brought it up then. Sorry about that.

Comment

No exceptions for late posters, there is always a chance the site will be down if you wait till the last min to post. As for Heart Attack, since I did have conflicting info in the rules I will let his last play (OKL) Stand, Figures HE would be the one to take advantage of the error.THE ONLY WAY I WILL ALLOW LATE POSTERS IS IF JEFF SAYS ITS OK

Well you said that in the week 0 thread so i was just wondering if you even ran it by jeff you probably didnt tho soooo w.e thats xbig i think you run a great contest ill be sure to have my pick in this week since the firefox issue is resolved

Comment

oh yea and the pro football contest thread has over 3000 hits so yeaaaaa dont think that week 0 thread is the most popular but anyways have a great day

Comment

I had Bosie St they won 35 - 21

Comment

Originally posted by laxsfo99 View Post
                              Woodie,

Come on now – cool it. This had nothing to do with folks coming on line and “poaching” for line movements. I know who you’re parroting and that’s nothing but BS. Last year, Mr. Anti Poacher selected 3 college games and won all 3 which had major line movements. LOL.

laxsfo99
                              Do you mean me? I could be considered Mr. Anti-Line Poacher. But I don't support xbigpapa's claim that woodee was one of the chronic poachers. I argued hard for later posting of lines so that none of us, including myself, would be tempted to pick a game JUST because the line movement favored it.

Comment

Wow, this was an entertaining read! LOL!

I don't know whether xbigpapa just likes to let it fly and enjoys firing back at you guys, or whether he's just having a good laugh riling you guys up. But as the scorekeeper and rep of BW,he could be a more kinder, gentler sport about it. It's funny that he uses your record to judge the worthiness of your criticisms! :-) I have to figure he's going over the top to rile you all up.I better watch out or I'll be getting some coming my way.

I don't mind totals and I remember we had some discussion about it, but when I saw the rules come out with the first week's lines, I figured xp decided NOT to include them. Certainly the rules included in the first week's lines would hold more weight than an old discussion thread. But no harm done to change it now. The confusion only affected one guy in the first week and he benefited by it.

Comment

Working...
                                X