Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
    Jeff, you are correct about this play.

It happened to the Hawks on Tuesday night, they lost in a shootout to Anaheim.

It is hard to understand why it happens,
    If I understand this correctly go against the team on the road last 4 games when they finally get to play at home.

Just how often does that occur this season? What if any would be the result factoring in a strike short season?

Old formula applied to a strike season makes me want to step back and watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Masked Prognosticator View Post
      Bully to the Ducks as they cover and cost us a cool 180 credits:

The System is now 18-11, with a margin of 2235 won versus -1801 lost for +424 credits.

YT is now 8-5 with NHL picks this season +735 earned v -656 down the crapper for a +79 credit winnings. DAMMMN DOG!!!!
      Columbus loses to Edmonton, but the Rangers blank the Lightning 5-1, we break even:

The System is now 19-12, with a margin of 2235 won versus -1801 lost for +424 credits.

YT is now 9-6 with NHL picks this season +735 earned v -656 down the crapper for a +79 credit winnings.

Comment

Carpet - during a regular hockey season, it happens to each team a couple of times. Taking a quick look at this year, it looks like it happens to each team at least once.

There was a similar play in baseball, maybe even the NBA. I believe the theory was/is that when you get home after being away for so long, there are distractions to deal with....ie the wife, bills, etc.

When I followed it, it was before the rule changes/shootouts......you'd have the whole years plays written down prior to the season even beginning, so you always knew when you'd have a play.

Trust me, I'd be the first one to say that anyone that would make plays like that would need to have their head examined. In fact, when it was first mentioned to me, I refused to play it and instead watched from the sidelines for a couple of years as the guy who told me about it kept winning. I then jumped on board and won for a few years as well. I think I stopped because of the introduction of the shootout and then never bothered to track it again.

Again, definitely worth incorporating into your current hockey handicapping at the very least as there's obviously something to it.

Comment

Here is the summary breakdown by season:
          SEASON WAGER END RESULT
          05-06 Total -1433
          06-07 Total 934
          07-08 Total 865

08-09 Total -1016
          09-10 Total -2274
          10-11 Total 2610
          11-12 Total -1245
          12-13 Total -134

3 Winning seasons out of the first 7.

I'll provide a breakdown by season by team later. There might be system there of teams to play against.

Comment

Sorry for disappearing for a week, I actually have a real job that takes a lot of my time this time of year.

Anyway, according to my records, since I last checked in, the system has improved to 23-14, with 400 rubles earned versus 275 lost for a slim 125 profit for the week, but +549 for the season if betting a C-note per game.

Because I have not made any selections, YT remains at 9-6 and +79 with 100 credits bet per game-
            --like I said, it's a shoebox betting system.

No lines yet for this weekend . . . .is Vegas hoping I'll be too busy to post Official Feared Selections???
            Last edited by Masked Prognosticator; 02-23-2013, 01:00 AM. Reason: Posted last line to be a smug smart-ass

Comment

Saturday saw Detroit beat Nashville for 100 credits, and Dallas as a homer dog beat San Jose and cased in 105 for us.

The system is 25-14, with 2740 credits earned versus 2076 lost for a net of +664 won.

There's a five pack of plays for 2/24, so we are going with:

Devils -170 v Winnipeg
              Chicago a whopping -260 v Columbus
              New York Islanders -120 over Carolina
              Anaheim -175 versus Colorado
              and
              Calgary -110 hosting Phoenix

Good luck and happy betting!

Comment

Thanks for the update. Really starting to kick in gear.

Comment

Chicago, Anaheim, and Calgary win earning us 300, while the stinkin' Islanders and Devils cough it up, costing us a cool -270 we go 3-2 on Sunday but only win 30 yuan.

The system is 28-16, with 3040 credits earned versus 2346 lost for a net of +654 won.

YT is 12-8 (60%) with NHL picks this season +1035 earned v -926 in the bookmakers pocket for a +109 credit winnings.

Im not doing backflips with tonights pick, since the target play against is basically playing Sunday then travelling up the LA Freeway on a "back to back", but still we are still taking:

LA KINGS -155 over Anaheim +135

@MPrognosticator

Comment

Hey MP, you missed one that fell under your system, Pitt against TAM on Sunday. I have reduced my plays to only betting when the visiting B2B team is off a win. It currently sits at 19-6. The other system that is coming in nicely is betting the over when both teams are on a B2B. It was 3-0 on Sunday and now sits at 7-1.

Comment

Youd have to let me know more on that one just been too busy . . . .

As of 3/8, the system is cUurrently 40-21, with 4240 earned, 3031 lost, with a profit of 1209.

YT has not made a pick in two weeks because of time, but remains a prideful 12-8 +1035 -926 with 109 credits pocketed.

Saturdays pick is LA -180 over Calgary +160!------IF CALGARY WINS I'M IN THE HOLE! (which is what I get for infrequent posting)

Comment

LA 6, Calgary 2 on Retro Jersey Night!

The system is currently 41-21, with 4340 pieces of silver earned, 3031 lost, with a profit of 1309.

YT is 13-9 with his "official"picks with 1135 credits won, 926 lost for a net profit of 209!

And, now, its Sunday, and you all know what this means
                        THE MASKED PROGNOSTICATOR SUNDAY NHL FIVE PACK!

The following picks fall under the criteria: the visiting team is playing their second game in two days. And they are:

DETROIT -200 over Columbus +170
                        PITTSBURGH -200 over NY Islanders -145
                        *NOTE: Before betting this game, keep in mind Pittsburgh won a shootout Sat nite . . . . but its the stinkin' Islanders . . . .
                        FLORIDA +125 over Montreal -145 (I LOVE this play----its 125 bucks in our pocket if the Rats win)
                        ANAHEIM -145 over St. Louis +125
                        COLORADO -125 over San Jose +105

Happy betting, good luck, and always remember . . . . . . GOD BLESS HOCKEY!

Comment

[QUOTE=Masked Prognosticator;188860]LA 6, Calgary 2 on Retro Jersey Night!

The system is currently 41-21, with 4340 pieces of silver earned, 3031 lost, with a profit of 1309.

YT is 13-9 with his "official"picks with 1135 credits won, 926 lost for a net profit of 209![/b]

DETROIT -200 over Columbus +170 LOSS? Really???? Hahaha . . . .
                          . . . . . -200. Im not laughing.
                          PITTSBURGH -200 over NY Islanders -145 BLOWOUT +100
                          FLORIDA +125 over Montreal -145 loss -100
                          ANAHEIM -145 over St. Louis +125 WIN +100
                          COLORADO -125 over San Jose +105 WIN-GO! +100

That makes the system is currently 44-23, with 4640 credits won , 3331 lost, with a profit of 1309.

YT is 16-11 with his "official"picks with 1435 credits won, 1226 lost for a net profit of 209!

Comment

In case I miss it, regardless of the moneyline, Im making an official Tuesday night play using this system-----Pittsburgh beating Boston.

Comment

Sat in a bar Tue night with a crowd of Pittsburgh hatin' Sabres fans. I hate the Penguins as well, but silently smiled to myself as they won 3-2 with a las minute heartbreaker.

The System is almost at 67% with 45-23 as of that game, 4740 MP Bucks earned, 3331 lost for a net of 1409 pocketed in what is becoming the fairest thing we'll ever get to rolling a bookie without getting our kneecaps broken. Meanwhile, YT in the NHL with "official" picks is at 16-11 with 1535 won versus 1226 pissed away for a tidy +311 profit.

Comment

Taking Calgary over Nashville Friday nite … in the meantime, here is my "Road to the Playoffs" preview!

.BBRG=BACK TO BACK ROAD GAMES LEFT ON SCHEDULE, A NEAR 66% LOSING PROPOSITION

EASTERN CONFERENCE

AS IT STANDS NOW
                                Winnipeg (14-11)(2 BBRG) @ MONTREAL (18-5)-Winnipeg is my "secret crush" team. I would love to see a great hockey city with the worst climate on Earth make a deep run into the playoffs; on the other hand, as much as I hate 'em, Hockey NEEDS the Habs to win the Cup as much as baseball needs the Yankees and the NBA needs the Lakers and Celtics.

Toronto (15-12) (2 BBRG) @ PITTSBURGH (20-8)

New Jersey (13-9) (3 BBRG!) @ CAROLINA (15-10)-With Martin Bordeur injured, I would not be shocked to see the Devils fall out of playoff contention with what seems to be 2 guaranteed losses coming up.

Ottawa (13-8) @ BOSTON (18-4)--Wait. BOSTON has 4 losses, and is only the FOURTH SEED? Watch out, Montreal! Sadly the Bruins and Canadiens only play two more times this year, but circle those on your calendar.

ALMOST IN:
                                Of these two, you know its the Rangers who are most likely to sneak into the playoffs:
                                NY Rangers (13-11) (1 BBRG)

NY Islanders (12-12) (1 BBRG)

ALL BUT OUT:
                                Philadelphia (12-15)-What a disgrace. Despite being record 0-6 in championship finals series, the one thing in Philadelphia you could count on is that while the Sixers were the Sixers, the Phillies were bound to stink up the joint . . .the Eagles suck, drop the Puck and then Flyers would almost without fail provide playoff action. For only the second time in 20 years, it aint gonna happen and it is as blasphemy to the Orange and Black. We have an owner, GM and President who are stuck in 1974, a coach who is no longer getting to his players, and a goofy Russian goalie who may be mentally insane. Its time for Ed Snider to retire, sell the team, and lets bring in fresh ideas. If this team wins the Stanley Cup I will unmask live on the Internet.

For the record, yes, I am a tortured Philadelphia sports fan, and yes, give em the chance to do it again, I would boo Santa Claus!

Washington (11-14)-Time to trade Ovechkin for lets say, 8 draft picks? And start over?

Buffalo (10-14)-Time to trade Ryan Miller for lets say, 8 draft picks? And start over?

TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY FUCKED:
                                Florida (7-15)- Weren't these guys i9n the4 playoffs last year? Did I miss something?

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

AS IT STANDS NOW:
                                Phoenix (13-11)(1 BBRG) @ CHICAGO (22-2)---Watch out for that Presidents Trophy Curse----and what is up with Ray Emory?
                                San Jose (12-8) (OFF THE HOOK!) @ ANAHEIM (20-3)---I dint think Anaheim would only have 3 losses at this point; I hate to say it b but the Sharks seem primed for another heartbreaking early playoff exit if they face the Ducks.

Minnesota (14-10) (1 BBRG) @ VANCOUVER (13-7)(1 BBRG)

Los Angeles (14-10)(1 BBRG) @ ST LOUIS (15-10)--The Blues were the "dark horse" fad pick to win the Cup, which would be great to see, but right now they just look like one of several double digit odds in a horse race.

ALMOST IN:
                                Detroit (12-10) (3 BBRG!)--Too many back to backs; anything can happen but odds are they wont have enough stream to make the final 8 this year.

Nashville (11-10) (1 BBRG)

Dallas (12-11) (1 BBRG)

ALL BUT OUT:

Colorado (10-12)

Edmonton (10-11)

Calgary (10-11)

Those poor fucking Bluejackets (10-11)--ANYTHING and everything can happen over the next few weeks:the best stories in the NHL will be in the Western Conference!

Comment

Working...
                                X