Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bettorsworld Mock Hilton Contest 2019

Hey guys,

Since we just had the NFL draft last weekend. It's never too early to get this option going to start looking at next seasons Pool.

I have created a pool on the website called runyourpool.com (thanks woodee for letting me in your college pool and they added the option to where you can limit games)

We can drop the bug to get people to start thinking about it.

I'm thinking we keep same rules as last year, but the little change by using this site is i'll set the cut off to be 1PM EST on Sunday, but like prior if you pick a game earlier than that you will have to submit all at that time.

I currently have it set at a 2 Entry maximum

Any other suggestions or ideas, lets post them here and see what we can agree on.

Its poolid #117432
    Pool Name: BWorld2019

Possum,

That looks good. Better than someone having to score it manually. What do they charge for their fee? I could not find it on the website anywhere.

A survivor pool would be nice also, but I don't know if we can get enough interested.

Comment

Originally posted by OCK View Post
      Possum,

That looks good. Better than someone having to score it manually. What do they charge for their fee? I could not find it on the website anywhere.

A survivor pool would be nice also, but I don't know if we can get enough interested.
      Its based on how many entries there is the price structure is as follows;

Up to 25 entries $29.95
      26 to 50 entries $49.95
      51 to 100 entries $89.95
      101 to 200 entries $169.95
      201 to 500 entries $299.95
      501 to 1000 entries $499.95
      1001 to 2000 entries $999.95
      2001 to 3000 entries $1,499.95

Comment

Also how many people would be interested in a Survivor Pool? lets get a feel for it and see if we set one up

Thanks

Comment

It may be a few months before you get too many responses. This site is pretty dead until it gets close to training camp and pre-season games.

If we added one dollar to the entry fee that should cover the fee for the site to score our contest.

Comment

Great idea!
            On that pool site, does it let you set your own lines? Do they use the real super contest lines? The only thing I’m concerned with is that. I suppose we don’t technically have to use those lines but it just makes it fun to see how we stack up against the real contest and those weekly lines.

I’d be up for taking and holding the money again if needed. It worked ok with pay pal and mail last year I think. Wasn’t too big of a hassle for me at all and hopefully I’ve proved I’m trustworthy enough not to gamble away the money!

Comment

Woodee,

Yes it does let you set your own lines

And you can set the deadline to be 10AM PST Sunday. Unless you pick an early game then you need to pick all of them at that time.

And you can limit how many games a player can pick

An also set how many entries per account

Comment

testing to see it it works

Comment

Testing......

Comment

Testing....but also happy to chip in extra for the software and in on the survivor pool.

Comment

Excellant idea, scoring was a hassle, and only adding a buck more per entry, how great is that! I trust the Woodman doing the cash again , thanks for volunteering. Interest here for a survivor contest also.

Comment

Testing. Sounds good. Interested in Mock Westgate and a survivor pool as well. Site looks good

Comment

Can you set it to hide the picks until kickoff? That'll alleviate the issue at end of season of mailing in picks etc. Maybe if you have the deadline slightly earlier, the picks can be revealed in time for people to follow them....

Comment

looking forward to this season

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                              Can you set it to hide the picks until kickoff? That'll alleviate the issue at end of season of mailing in picks etc. Maybe if you have the deadline slightly earlier, the picks can be revealed in time for people to follow them....
                              Good call, Cat

Comment

Working...
                              X