CRIS ANNOUNCEMENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRIS ANNOUNCEMENT

It is a pleasure to announce, CRIS is now accepting wagers over the internet at www.betcris.com. All current and new customers may wager online or over the phone using the same account number and password. As always our wagering department will be open 24 hours, seven days a week. At your convenience you can go to www.betcris.com and make wagers, check balances, or shop for numbers. CRIS offers first half and half time wagering for all NBA and NCAA games over the phone. This feature will be added for our online customers in the next week.

Come play with the big boys-
    where the line originates

John Melton
    [email protected]
    1-800-596-8946

Dear Mr. Melton,

I've heard that CRIS has acquired or is in the process of acquiring ABC Islands. Is this true?

If so, I have a question:

I've been a happy ABC client for a couple years and was considering opening with CRIS this year, but I'm wondering: Are the ABC and CRIS lines going to be set separately from each other? If so, I'm interested in getting to know CRIS. If not, I guess I'll stick with the status quo.

Many thanks,
    Shawn

Comment

John, this is truly a long-awaited capability. Thanks for the information.

Is there any plan to possibly raise the online wagering limit? Once you are comfortable with the integrity of the software, it would be nice to be able to make wagers at similar limits as you accept via telephone.

Thanks

Comment

$500 limit is very low compared to others. i want to see a 3 dime limit on sides & 2 dime limit on totals.lets get this done.i'm setting a deadline of wed march 15.

thank you

Comment

To Shawn,

The merger/partnership with ABC Islands and
          CRIS will mean nothing more to the customer other than the change of office location for ABC Islands. They are at present two separte companies and will remain that way. As far as the numbers are concerned, whatever similarities or differences you see today will be there tomorrow, that also applies to there customer service, and bookmaking policies, ect.

Big Money and Pepocas,

Our online limits are low and until we are comfortable with the software you will see an increase. It is undecided how high we will raise the online limits. For now we want our online service to cater to the smaller players that perhaps cannot meet our $50 minimum over the phone or our minimum deposit. As you may know, CRIS takes on anyone, weather you are a sharp player, big player or a small player but at this point and time we are not interested in booking wiseguys on the internet thus our low limits. For the time being our online services are there to cater to the small end or recreational player.

CRIS is currently working on offering all first half and half time wagering online as we do over the phone, and we are working on the speed of the site. You can expect improvements in these areas.

We can't pay you fast enough--

John Melton
          [email protected]
          1-800-596-8946

Comment

Olympic is beating you guys on posting up college sides and totals, also when playing parlays the 500 limit is set up as a the total amount allowed on all parlays combined ie 3 team for 100 the next 3 team with different teams now has 400 limit. ect. Your credit card post up is tops with no fees and set up as purchase not cash advance.

Comment

I was wondering a few thoughts, while finally I decided to post them on this Forum and see if the proper men would respond. Why is it when I log on to my CRIS internet account, its not the same numbers as the Donn Best screen....(Dana...you should take this one...)...maybe it has been cited here before, but if you can, please explain how the offshore books actually enter their numbers for the Donn Best system ( Dana, this would be you...) Now CRIS, how can we possibly come play "with the big boys" with that 20 cent line??..Im sure the Pokers, and Koshers will be dying to get thru to you this year....nothing worse then a guy who beats you all year around, and then complains that he cant beat you during the warm weather. Maybe CRIS (and I point you out, b/c I hear that your behind this "enlightenment" can respond, better yet, as any bookmaker worth his pen and paper know, you need the customer to win once and a while, dont you CRIS??...I mean even in Vegas they want to see you win a little bit, pick up a book on psychology....Im reminded of a quote from my days on Wall Street..."Bulls make money, Bears make money, but Pigs get slaughtered..." take it for what its worth.......Ohh one last thing...btwn the 20 cent line, and profiling customers on the computer do you think youll turn a profit this baseball season....???

Comment

Double, you'll have to be more subtle to get a response from most books. Your post looks to dangerous to tread into.

Comment

Greg... What times do Olympic and CRIS post their overnite college lines? Thanks.
                  Patience and Money Management - The Key to Winning!

Comment

Big Money-
                    Its sad to think that one would have to be subtle, to get an honets answer. In any other business, the business owner would bend over backwards to answer the customers questions or concerns, am I to belive that this is differant then any other business?..I mean, If we choose to play off shore, we are sending money to a stranger, with the assumption of being paid off when we win, so why is it they cant answer questions that might be less then subtle?

Comment

-
                      Last edited by Don Best; 04-30-2002, 04:23 PM.

Comment

DoubleJJ: If I were CRIS I would not respond to your "post" - it is abrasive and abusive.

By the way, I play the CRIS online system all the time - I also have the Don Best line service. I have never seen a difference between the line service and the online service.

Comment

MLS-
                          then you didnt play thursday morning on 03/10/00 when their were 6 differant lines, the Donn Best, i dont make this up...it still shocks me that people on this forum, are "scared" to ask tough questions of off shore books....why shouldnt they answer my question s, (CRIS) have I said anything that is false???

Comment

Doublewhatever..

afraid to ask tough questions???
                            i guess you haven't been here long.

brian

Comment

To DoubleJJ,

First, let be known, we do not profile any players on our call center or online. One line for all customers. Doing it any other way we believe is counterproductive and kills volume. The problem you encountered with a difference in the Don Best Srceen and your online account may have been a result in staying in the account to long with out refreshing your screen. You receive the change on the DBS screen and see it instantly, however if you are on betcris.com you do not see the change instantly until you refresh the screen or proceed to make a wager.

As far as the subject of a 20 cent baseball line. It is true CRIS is considering using a 20 cent line weather or not other stores change or not. Working on 1.5% during the summer months and factoring in all the costs of being offshore it would make sense for us to consider the change. You mention that even Las Vegas even wants to see the player win but from what we understand the books in the desert were talking about moving to a 20 cent this season long before offshore started discussing the move and from what I'm told they don't cater to the sharp people anymore. The fact is the betting syndicates are not the factor during the summer months although they may be the most affected by the extra 10 cents. The reality is the general public is what beats up the bookmaker during baseball. At least the wiseguys will look for and understand value.

You bring up an interesting point of sending your money to a stranger offshore. I don't know if you can understand how many offshore books struggle to get through the summer months. If someone makes a decision to go to 20cent line-- you can look at it as a smart business decision where the bookmaker is in a position to pay or you can look at as a bookmaker being greedy. Any bookmaker that tells you baseball is his bread and butter either one doesn't keep good books, or two has to much pride to admit he/she loses money every baseball season.

I have news for you, even if CRIS goes to 20 cents, we will probably still lose money during the summer months, just not as much. I know many east coast bookmakers that use a long line, who have nothing but squares and haven't won a baseball season in years.

So without being confrontational let me ask you a question. Would you rather bet into a 20 cent line knowing you have a responsible bookmaker who runs his operation like a business or would you want to bet into a dime line and start sweating getting paid in july.

kind regards

John Melton
                              [email protected] www.betcris.com
                              1-800-596-8946

Comment

Working...
                              X