Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah good idea... Going small tonight on Tb -1.5

Comment

IMO ... every year there are a handful of games on the schedule you just sit and wait for, patiently, hoping that the line eventually breaks the right way and you can capitalize in a major way, based on the accumulated knowledge of what it is you think you know and understand about 'the game' we're all engaged in here, i.e. picking winners on a consistent basis.

Well ... in tonight's case, this is precisely THAT type of situation in MLB.

I am putting up my pick for tonight's ALCS Game 7 in the next few minutes, on the Bettorsworld.com site, the 'Free Sports Monitor'.

Hopefully, it will bring success to those who choose to play along.

Comment

umm I have no clue where its at. Enlighten me please.

Comment

Gotta go Rays tonight. They have screwed around long enough and they will win and head to the World Series.

My play is TB +120.

Comment

Just enjoying the game tonight

Comment

Conspiracy theory is that MLB would love to have this series go 7 and the rays to win it in 7, so that the stroyline is there. I think they would like to drag this series on for a few more days. Thats the conspiracy theorist in me saying 'what if' there is behinds the scenes work going on with the networks.
              WTF Woody, can I borrow your crystal ball! Nice call

Comment

Don't you have to take a look at Philly +130 for the series?

Home field and all that for the rays but a rested Philly team.

I think the value is there. I would never pay -150 for the Rays.

Going to look at it a bit morebut from a value perspective, Philly is the play in my eyes.

Comment

You really think Philly wins? Clean that Crystal ball off and look again! I havent even looked. Im still in hiding after the cowboys lost.
                  jpehl

Comment

I am going to skip the play on the Phillies for the series. It has dropped to +120 now.

It will be close and i think they have an edge in the bullpen.

I will probably pick and choose my spot with Philly and play it game by game.

I think there is value with the Phills for the series but thats about it as its a toss up. Would not pay -120 for TB at all, juts would take the dog if I had to.

I am going to start a WS thread so we can scoop up some late money in the bases.

I like Hamels and the Phills in Game 1 and that will most likely be my play for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by jpehl
                      umm I have no clue where its at. Enlighten me please.
                      If you went to the Free Sports Monitor web site that Bettorsworld.com operates, you would have found my selection for this game listed there.

The Rays came through nicely for me in Game 7.

Comment

Likewise ... for those who might be interested in visiting the above-mentioned site ... I think there's considerable value in tonight's Game 1 moneyline.

One of these two teams, hasn't played in almost a week, while the other is still very much in its element, carrying over from the Regular Season and the LCS ... a basic situational difference which shouldn't be ignored.

Comment

Taking
                          Under 4 first 5
                          Under 7.5
                          1/2 a unit on each

Comment

Also leaning towards the D-rays but probably want pull the trigger.

Comment

Won with Philly tonight and trying to find a way to take them again tonight but I do not think I have the guts to do it.

But the Rays price is too high for me.

Will have to look at the total closer

Comment

Tampa Bay -164 ML, +125 RL vs Philadelphia +154 ML, -145 RL ,OV 8.5 -105, UN 8.5 -115 (Shields vs Myers)
                                A big step down in pitching tonite for the Phillies. Brett Myers was just 3-8 on the road during the regular season with a 6.21 ERA. He gave up 111 H, 63 earned runs and 16 HR's in 91.1 total innings, with a WHIP of 1.61. As a team, the Phillies were 5-11 when Myers started on the road. Opposing batters hit .301 against Myers in those 16 road starts. He did pitch much better on the road after the All-Star break (4-3 record), except for his last road start at Florida when he gave up 10 runs in 4 innings. He's had 2 home starts in the post-season, both wins. Against the Brewers he gave up just 2 runs on 2 hits over 7 innings in a 5-2 win, and against the Dodgers he gave up 5 runs on 6 hits over 5 innings in an 8-5 win.
                                Shields was a stellar 9-2 with a 2.59 ERA in 17 home starts. He gave just 35 earned runs on 104 H and just 9 HR over 121.2 innings, with a WHIP of just 1.03. Opposing batters hit just .234 against him in those starts. As a team, the Rays were 14-3 when Shields started at home. He's had 3 post-season starts, all at home. Although he's given up just 8 runs total over 19.1 innings, and not more than 3 runs in any of those games, he's got just a 1-2 record to show for it. Two of the losses were against Boston aces Lester and Matsuzaka in 4-2 and 2-0 games, and the win was against Vasquez and the White Sox by a score of 6-4.
                                I'm hoping for a score more similar to the win over the White Sox, something like 7-3 maybe, and will try Tampa Bay -1.5 and OV 8.5. Hopefully they can put up lots of runs like they've been able to do against some of the more mediocre pitching they've seen in the playoffs. If they can jump out to a big lead on Myers, maybe we won't see the Phillies best relievers, setting the stage for potentially a couple more runs? That's what I'd like to see anyway, and hopefully Philly will be happy to get the split and head home. The Tampa Bay bullpen did a stellar job keeping them in the game last night. If Shields can hold Philly to just 2 or 3 over 5 or 6 innings, and the bullpen pitches like they did last night, it should be looking good.

Comment

Working...
                                X