X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There ya go. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by bret3518 View Post
      ok so we need to pick 5 for the team....
      Now the hard part.

Comment

I thought it would come to this. Here are some stats to consider in no particular order.
        resteasy - 2010 NFL pick of the week contest - winner 17.5-3.5, 2011 NFL pick of the week contest 16-5 , 2011 Mock Hilton 50-34
        bret3518 - 2011 NFL pick of the week contest 15.5-5.5, 2011 Mock Hilton 46-38
        Dinger - 2008-2011 NFL pick of the week contest 15-6, 9.5-11.5, 8-13, 11-10, 2011 Mock Hilton 45.5- 38.5, 2009 Mock Hilton 43.5-40.5
        Taxman - 2008-2011 NFL pick of the week contest 14-7, 6-15, 11.5-9.5, 14-7, 2011 Mock Hilton 42.5-41.5, 2009 Mock Hilton 45.5-38.5
        dragon1952 - 2008-2011 NFL pick of the week contest 10-11, winner 16-5, 10.5-10.5, 11-10, 2009 Mock Hilton tied 1st 52-32, 2011 Mock Hilton 40.5 - 43.5
        Krichinsky - 2008-2011 NFL pick of the week contest 12-9, 10.5-10.5, 7-14, 14-7, 2011 Mock Hilton 45 -37, 2009 Mock Hilton 43.5- 40.5

if anyone has anything else or any corrections please post
        Last edited by dragon1952; 08-14-2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
          So we need to vote for 5 out of bret, resteasy, Taxman, Jeff, dragon1952, Dinger and Krichinsky. If everyone agrees then we need to all submit 5 names to someone....widestrides???

We're all grown men I say we just post it on here....

Comment

Again, I'll step back and the team is set. Now go win
            the damn thing!

Comment

yippie!!!!
              you sure krich?
              i'm stoked.

Comment

Yep. No problem. I have 4 crisp $100s sitting here, but I'm
                sure they will find a good home and multiply (I hope). Good luck.

Comment

that still leaves us at 6

Comment

Jeff said in a email that he would step out if we already had more than 5.

Krichinsky, I truly respect your decision. Which was a hard decision.

Going forward, let's make this annual thing and make sure that we have 2 teams established so that those that want in can get it.

The option to get in would go to those with grandfathered/longevity status here on the site.

I also needed an excuse to add another reason to come to Vegas now in August, unless someone else would like to sign up the group.

Comment

Rest, Bret, Dinger, Dragon

Send me an email to [email protected] and I'll email you information to send payment to.

It will be $360/man ($1800/5)

Comment

Taxman, great job putting this together. Hilton Contest has always been on my bucket list and the World Series of Poker (someday).

Comment

Now that we have the team set next up is how are we going to make our picks...

Comment

We should probably choose a captain (I nominate bret).
                            A couple options,
                            1) submit top 5 (or however many) each using star system 5* highest-1* lowest and add the stars. Contradictory picks the stars would be totaled for each team and then subtracted.
                            2) submit our top choice each. Contradictory picks could be,
                            a) thrown out and another pick submitted or
                            b) the parties involved could discuss their reasons with the team and a vote could be held with the losing party submitting a new pick or
                            c) the party with the best won/loss record gets priority with the remaining party(s) submitting a new pick

EDIT: we need to brainstorm this. Could we possibly practice a couple methods with the pre-season games?
                            Last edited by dragon1952; 08-15-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I like the method of throwing out your top pick and your reason for picking them and then the team votes..if your pick gets rejected then you submit another pick til approved by group..i am not a big fan of the 5* system....

Comment

I assume at least 2 or 3 negative votes would justify having to pick a new game....not just 1 vote?

Comment

Working...
                                X