THE REAL HILTON SUPERCONTEST ENTRY ~ Commitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE REAL HILTON SUPERCONTEST ENTRY ~ Commitment

This is the official thread regarding our entry or entries into the Hilton SuperContest.

If a team consists of 4 individuals, the entry fee for each individual is $450 ($1,800/4 [$1,500 entry plus the $300 proxy fee]).

If a team consists of 5 individuals, the entry fee for each individual is $360 ($1,800/5 [$1,500 entry plus the $300 proxy fee])

PLEASE ONLY TELL US IF YOU ARE COMMITTED TO PLAYING

I need to know how if there will be 1 or 2 entries by Tuesday, August 14th the latest (the sooner the better).

commited to play

Comment

I am in

Comment

in

Comment

Excellent!

We have 1 team for sure and I am open to signing up a second team. Also, as discussed we could have teams of 4 or 5. So at a minimum, we have openings for 4 more people and a maximum of 6. If there are 2 teams, we can determine who is on each team.

Also, I just corresponded with the proxy, and I will get the group(s) signed up Tuesday night.

For those of you that are in, you can contact me at [email protected]. I'll get an email to you with the confirmation. From there we can discuss where to send payment for your share.

Comment

I would be in if you need me but I would rather see Jeff be the 5th here. I think you would have a better team. Not sure I want to be part of a 4 man team. Seems like it might be difficult having 4 pick 5 games.
            Last edited by dragon1952; 08-12-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

We maybe could do six players. Rotate who the odd man out is during the week. The 6th man can still be used if two people pick the same pick or where there needs to be a tie-breaker when two people pick opposite. Just a thought.

Comment

Not a big fan of the 6 man rotation.

My main issue which I am sure is agreed by others, is to not exclude anyone that would like to participate.

If we have 8 total guys, would could have 2 teams of 4.

As of now, I know that we currently have 6 guys.

Me
                Resteasy
                Bret
                Dinger
                Dragon
                Jeff (implied that he would participate if after everyone that wants in, gets in and there is a spot open).

All we need is 2 more to have 2 teams of 4 or up to 3 more to have to teams of 5, which would be ideal.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I have a serious interest, but what you have there is solid.
                  From the posts I've seen we have a total of 7 that expressed an
                  interest (that includes Jeff), no one else in our regular posters has replied.
                  So...we end up 2 too many or 1 to 3 short, that's the main reason I
                  stepped back in my earlier post.

Regardless, I'm glad I can be involved with a good group of guys who
                  offer their insights and no b.s., it means a lot.

P.S. Maybe we can catch Red Raider after 2:00am and sign him up.

Comment

yeah one more and we can do 1 teams of 4. THat'd be nice.
                    I do like the idea I think widestrides had of submitting top 3 picks 1, 2 and 3 * picks then add up the stars for each and the top 5 are the picks. It's smart and would help with the inevitable situation of opposing picks and/or having the same pick.

With that I also dislike the 6 man team.

Comment

How needs one?

Looking for one? Any takers please step up soon.

Comment

Im all for teams of 4...As far as making picks go I can go either way....I would prefer everyone have a number 1 pick and say why they like the pick and then have it up for debate..if 2 out of the 3 support the pick then bamb there is the pick..if we veto the pick then u have to come up with another play til the team approves it..and then for the 5th pick maybe use the star system...This way we all feel like our number 1 play has a chance to make the picks..

I would not be in if it was a team of 6.....

Comment

Right now we have 7 people interested.

We need at least one more person to create 2 teams of 4.

I will bring enough funds for both entries.

The deadline to committing to be a part of LVH SuperContest will be 8:00PM EDT on Tuesday, August 14.

Comment

Bump

Also, give me alternate name if LVH does not take Bettorsworld.com

Comment

I read where if the Hilton SuperContest gets 600 entries this year, the winner will collect $360,000!

$1,500 entry for a $360,000 first place prize.

The Carib Contest is only $200 for a $65,000 first place prize. Better deal. A weekly $5K prize. No proxy fee. Make your own picks - online! And fewer Sharps. Easier to win. Have to make 10 picks each week!

However, their details are not out yet and I think they lost $ last year, so they may be lowering the payouts. Will have to see which contest gives you the most bang for your buck.

Any other online "pay to play" contests? I will look around. Of course, there is our own Mock Hilton Contest and the free BW Contest.

Comment

Working...
                              X