No announcement yet.

Bettorsworld Mock Hilton Contest 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a Sunday 1 PM Eastern deadline will really favor those who pick late as the lines will change even more in the last hour before kickoff and it will encourage more and more contestants, myself included, to wait and pick one or two games with the late line moves. Do we want that? Or stick to Midnight Pacific time? Also, do we want to hide the picks? Some guys like to tail some of the hot contestants, and maybe it brings some extra traffic to the site.
    Last edited by widestrides; 05-26-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

i would be interested in a survivor pool

Comment

im psyched for contest this year.

Comment

Hi guys, finally got logged into this new website.

Ok a couple of things: on the main Mock Hilton contest for widestrides question about Having a Sunday 1 PM Eastern deadline will really favor those who pick late as the lines will change even more in the last hour before kickoff and it will encourage more and more contestants, myself included, to wait and pick one or two games with the late line moves. Do we want that? Or stick to Midnight Pacific time? Also, do we want to hide the picks? Some guys like to tail some of the hot contestants, and maybe it brings some extra traffic to the site.

I'm thinking lets keep this at the lines the Super Contest is using so as a discussion point into saying how we are doing versus the main contest.
          And for the deadline it will be 10AM PST unless you pick a Thursday or Saturday game, but with the way it is set up you would actually be able to change the picks that are not 'locked' yet for the games that have not yet started.

Also on the question about hiding picks it does that automatically until the deadline.But i have sent a message to the website to see if it is set up to where it could be locked at say 9AM PST so people would be able to logon and see who got picked by whom and see who the 'big play' of the week is, I like that option because what i was doing last year was doing a small like 3 team round robin on the top 3 differences. It actually paid off more than not last year.

I have set up a survivor pool under the following credentials
          www.runyourpool.com
          Survivor:
          PoolID 117886
          Username: BWorld2019
          Password: BWorld2019

This is no spread just pick a winner

Same rules 2 entries max. same cut off as mentioned in Mock Hilton contest. i have sent the same request about say locking everything at 9AM PST on sunday (got the answer from the website about this and they said no they can not do it with the current setup).

One question i want to throw out there is, there is an optoin about giving each person a 'mulligan' for one loss so it basically turns it into where you need to lose twice to get elininated, i personally don't like this. i think you lose once you are done (i know i'll be probably complaining about this after week 1 )

I'll let you all know about the request from the site to see if that is possible about the cut off time change (got the answer from the website about this and they said no they can not do it with the current setup)

Also if any of you all know other people that would like to join, send out the links to them and if they sign up it would be grea, because i know i have some people from work that would like to get in on this. The more the merrier.

88 days and counting

Thanks
          Last edited by Possum; 06-10-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Hi All,

Im in. Have used Runyourpool for years for Survivor and it is great, easy, and Ive never won.LOL. I also use Redherrings.com.... If we had late picks last year I would have done a lot better in the contest since I got 2 0-5 when I posted late. So bring it on. Had a great time in all contests here. Go Pats!!

ps- thanks Possum and Woodee et al
            Last edited by ImpalerWins; 06-25-2019, 05:41 AM.

Comment

I like the idea of having a posting deadline one hour prior to kickoff of the first game. If you play Thursday, same thing and post with the remaining 4 on time Sunday morning. Using a scoring site for the cost sounds good. Then everyone should be happy.

Comment

I'm happy to publish picks (except for the last couple of weeks like usual). If it helps anyone to make picks to beat the books, then I'm all for it. We want everyone here to walk away in February in the black, right?
                Similarly, pushing the deadline to later may help bettors here make decisions, but, at the risk of being a pedant, we wouldn't be a "mock Hilton/Westgate" contest anymore, would we...

Comment

Also, how in the hell has Possum only made a total of 91 posts since joining the site APPARENTLY OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO?!?

Comment

The NFL lines move a lot starting Sunday morning, so as cford1 says, this will not even be close to being a mock Hilton/Westgate SuperContest anymore if we have a Sunday Noon deadline. Injuries to significant players are often revealed Sunday morning, causing big line moves. There would be many stale lines that many contestants would jump on and it would ruin the contest. It would force everyone to wait until the last minute to submit picks or face a big disadvantage. Midnight Eastern time, or Midnight Pacific time is good enough, and not SO far off the real SuperContest's deadline.

Comment

woodee,

If you are collecting the funds this year, it might be good to just add your [email protected] email to your PayPal account. It is easy to do. I have many emails associated with my PayPal account. This will save folks the extra step of having to email you just to get your real email for Paypal payment. This might encourage a few more entries, especially when it gets late. And it will save you from having to give out your real email to strangers.

It's easy. Just go to your PayPal account and click on the Gear Icon in the upper right corner, next to "LOGOUT." Then on the right side of the next page, you will see your Primary email address. Just click on the + Plus sign and add your [email protected] email. Done!

Comment

I would be in favor of keeping the midnight Saturday Deadline for the Mock Hilton.
                        As for the Survivor contest, I'd definitely be interested. Yahoo has a great Survivor Setup with no Hosting Fees. I'd be glad to set it up if that would be preferable to run your pool and their fees. .

Comment

Originally posted by cford1 View Post
                          Also, how in the hell has Possum only made a total of 91 posts since joining the site APPARENTLY OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO?!?
                          I don't post all that often until the seasons usually start and i didn't bet for many years in between.

Comment

Also researching some other pool sites here is one i found is free, (it has ads on it yuck, but you can donate to there site to remove the adds), it has a customizable cut off time on it so for initial purposes i have set it to 6AM PST on Sunday, that could give people a chance to look at picks like it was mentioned earlier. if we keep like the hilton contest the spreads don't change in the hilton so that would be good just like last year and we have the cut off time.

The only thing i see with it is, the limitations of entries i can't find currently how to set that, if that is an option. i have sent a message to the website to see about that.

Here is the link for it, give it a look and let me know if you want me to keep this open. I know this post won't have a lot of looks until the middle of next month when pre season starts. so let me know so i can kill off the account if need be.

--- For the pick em pool here is the info

You are being invited to join 'BWorld2019'.

In order to join, you must:

Click on this link and login or create an account: http://www.poolhost.com/joinpool/0/67834/BWorld2019

OR

1. Login or create an account at http://www.poolhost.com.

2. Go to the 'Pool Tools' menu and choose 'Join a Private Pool'.

3. Choose 'Pro Football Pick'em'.

4. To Join the pool you need to enter the Pool ID and Pool Password.
                            For the Pool ID # type: 67834
                            For the Pool Password type: BWorld2019

That's it! The next time you login in to http://www.poolhost.com, you can get back to your pool(s) by going to 'My Pools' where you'll see all the pools you've joined. Clicking on a pool name will take you to that pool. You can switch to a different pool by going to 'My Pools' again at any time.

--- For the survivor pool here is the info

You are being invited to join 'BWorld 2019 Survivor'.

Click on this link and login or create an account: http://www.poolhost.com/joinpool/0/67835/BWorld2019

OR

For the Pool ID # type: 67835

That's it! The next time you login in to http://www.poolhost.com, you can get back to your pool(s) by going to 'My Pools' where you'll see all the pools you've joined. Clicking on a pool name will take you to that pool. You can switch to a different pool by going to 'My Pools' again at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                              Also researching some other pool sites here is one i found is free, (it has ads on it yuck, but you can donate to there site to remove the adds), it has a customizable cut off time on it so for initial purposes i have set it to 6AM PST on Sunday, that could give people a chance to look at picks like it was mentioned earlier. if we keep like the hilton contest the spreads don't change in the hilton so that would be good just like last year and we have the cut off time.

The only thing i see with it is, the limitations of entries i can't find currently how to set that, if that is an option. i have sent a message to the website to see about that.

Here is the link for it, give it a look and let me know if you want me to keep this open. I know this post won't have a lot of looks until the middle of next month when pre season starts. so let me know so i can kill off the account if need be.

--- For the pick em pool here is the info

You are being invited to join 'BWorld2019'.

Click on this link and login or create an account: http://www.poolhost.com/joinpool/0/67834/BWorld2019

OR

For the Pool ID # type: 67834

--- For the survivor pool here is the info

You are being invited to join 'BWorld 2019 Survivor'.

Click on this link and login or create an account: http://www.poolhost.com/joinpool/0/67835/BWorld2019

OR

For the Pool ID # type: 67835

Looks great.

Comment

I will get working on getting the payment details/sign up set up within the next week so we can get a jump on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X