Internet Bettors Read This!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jd,

It was me who called Oasis' laughable. And i was referring to its software, and more specifically how it compares to WSEX.

IMO There is no comparison,

Don't Get me wrong, Oasis seemed to be by all account reliable and it is efficient, but then again so is a Geo Metro, WSEX is a Cadillac.

Comment

AV2=Sorry!

Phaedrus,
      I know those guys in Iowa. Here is exactly what they do. They setup all the offshore books they can and they run them down the same internet connection. Most of the time it works ok. But during football it doesn't. The sad part is that each one of these offshore books pays for what he thinks is his own connection and doesn't realize that he is actually sharing the internet connection with dozens of others. Thus, the immediate jam-up during football. Just writing this makes me mad. The reson why WSEX is better right now is that a major carrier (Cable & Wireless) is their connection in Antigua. WSEX pays through the nose for this. Probable 20-40 thousand a month depending on the time of the year.
      Very soon those Iowa guys will have some competition for Curacao, Costa Rica and Margarita. Then the software battle will be on. There is a difference that all need to take into account though when dealing with WSEX vs the slower internet connections. If Antigua ever decides to turn them over to the US authorities, (like they recently did in another area) What happens then? Nobody knows. Hopefully that won't happen. Also remember another thing. Cable & Wireless is a U.S. carrier. You know what that means.

Comment

I asked if Costa Rica was safe in another thread. Is IOWA safe? Aren't these Iowa guys walking a thin line here? Are they providing a legal service?

Comment

Johnny, I am not speaking of Connectivity or bandwidth.

I am talking about the fact that WSEX'S SOFTWARE (you know the thing that allows the users to place a bet) IS WAY BETTER! WAY WAY BETTER.

There is simply no comparison between the clunky GUI of Oasis, and the ease of use of WSEX.

that is what i was referring to, not the bandwidth.

Like i said even when these books are operating in ideal conditions (which none of them will ever see in Costa Rica, Margarita etc.) their software still stinks!

Comment

Phaedrus-my bad! sorry

Dragon,
            They don't do business in Iowa. They're from Iowa.

Comment

Now if only WSEX could get it's software to accept any amount instead of the dropdown amount selector...we could call it a Rolls Royce.

Comment

Dog,

Thats why the Vegas books are a total joke,they dont have -105 or 10-20% bonuses,not only do you lay -110,you get lung cancer breathing the 2nd hand smoke,and the water has chromium 6 there.

Demarco,

Whats your buddy Marc Macaroni doing now.

Comment

R-bird,
                  He is enjoying his probation with his family. True story.

Comment

The reason WSEX was designed with a drop down box was to make it impossible for people to have typos. I always thought there was a good number of increments in there.

Do they pay a lot for a good connection? Yes, that's what a lot of people are saying here, they are saying big solid places should pay up for good connections.

Thanks to all for the nice comments.

Back to what I was saying about turn key software making it too easy for people. I was mainly referring to those with no business or bookmaking experience throwing money at a vendor, dumping a server box somewhere and turning it on.

But I will say this to all, testing is everything. And that is what a lot of places don't do well. You have to dream up the goofiest scenarios and set them up and see how the system handles them. Most don't, they just see that it takes bets and leave it at that.

Comment

JD

Why dodge my question on Dunes.......

I want some facts on this 9 days in 10 losing streak of theirs.....

Comment

a typo above Johnny, misquote, I have no real opinion on Carib or Oasis, I will fix that

Comment

Freak,
                          Ask them, they'll tell you. They've been in trouble twice that I know of and both times another investor stepped in. I have to give them credit, it is a tough market right now to crack. They showed up with 30% signup bonuses and everybody still got paid. I didn't think they would make it. So far, I'm wrong.

Comment

I don't derstand what all the bull**** talk about sofware is(companies having the same one), If ya look at it from a clerks point of view ,you guys want well trained and quick clerks to take your wagers,If i use a software for sometime you get to know where everything is and be quicker looking up teams and getting you guys the lines you want and correct your mistakes when you change your minds after the clerk already made the wager. If more books had the same software there would be a better quality of clerks out there..And there is nothing wrong with the software that gcsports or olympic uses..Honestly it is a lot better than what "nasa" uses....believe me been there done that..Gcsports software is very user friendly and easy to use. I would have to say its the best one i've seen so far
                            Not to mention security..for ex:If you ever had a problem with a wager you made over the phone, With olymppics software one click away and you and the clerk are listening to the play over the phone instantly ,Where as other books you would be lucky if they even taped the calls... and if they did something as simple as a wager discrepency would take hours to get it settled.... just my opinion thought id share

Comment

Working...
                            X